HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

favorite pantera song
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slayer man 666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 8:35 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

suicide note part 2 for me
SublimeSerpent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 8:38 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Use My Third Arm

This song has the ability to install a third testacle permanently to your scrotum.

And to those who lack nuts...this song will supply them!

[This message has been edited by SublimeSerpent (edited 07-20-2000).]
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 9:53 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

i am the night
Lockfist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 10:25 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Zombie are you trying to start trouble with that selection ?

In the history of profanity, no other band has come close to realizing the full potential of the word "F*CK".

I cant begin to count the number of times "F*CKING HOSTILE" has eased my mortal soul.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 10:38 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Only song I actually like from Pantera is Cowboys from Hell. Dont get the big deal with the rest. Its all heavy in your face, but really basic and boring. Guess thats why some people like it heavy in your face stuff. But its the fans that take that image too far that annoy me too. "its heavy as f*ck!" and anselmo incourages them with his comments too. dont really like the attitude behind that.
SublimeSerpent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 11:15 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

WHOA!FREEZE RIGHT THERE JAKE!YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!

Pantera is basic and boring?
Name some songs that are basic barring Walk,Becoming,and Primal Concrete Sledge.

Sounds to me like you've been playing to much Pearl Jam with that bass of yours.You don't know how difficult something really is til you try and play it.Ears can be deceiving.Dimebag has a knack for writing deceptively easy riffs.There are alot of little details you have to pay attention to with his style.While you might think a song like I'm Broken is easy,it's the constant switch between 3/4 and 4/4 time during the verses that throws you off.Shedding Skin sounds simple to you?Opening riff...If you consider the tempo to be about 70 bpm you have a section of 2 32nd notes into 3 sixteenth notes which repeats till the second half of the last bar of that riff when then it becomes 4 32nd note triplets.That might not seem like anything too insane until you realize the note choices and the fact that it spans 3 strings.

JAKE,JAKE,JAKE:You never cease to amaze me.

[This message has been edited by SublimeSerpent (edited 07-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SublimeSerpent (edited 07-21-2000).]
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 12:29 am    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

i didnt mean they were easy to play. I dont know if i could necessarily play them(i dont really care either), but ive heard most of cowboys from hell album, and i have their live album, and neither one of them seems too interesting to me. Maybe ill give them a chance again sometime if im in the mood for Phil Anselmo and his stupid comments. Their songs just sound like a bunch of heavy junk is all. The exact type of thing metal gets a bad rap for. And anselmo even encouraging the fans to fit into the "heavier is better so we play heavy as f*ck" type of mentality which leads the mainstream to think metalheads are morons. dumb move.
edis0n

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 1:05 am    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Not really into them, partly for reasons Jake gave, the whole attitude and heaviest is best, and calling themselves the masters of modern metal. I dont know about that, but I think the whole Vulgar Display album is killer. If I had to pick one, it would be "This Love".

[This message has been edited by edis0n (edited 07-21-2000).]
SublimeSerpent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 5:34 am    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Jake;
I didn't like Pantera at all until I heard Vulgar Display Of Power.I still didn't think that album as a whole was great,but once I heard Far Beyond Driven I could not stop listening to it.I didn't like anything I heard off of A Great Southern Trendkill either.I pretty much only like Pantera for an album and a half.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: