HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

favorite pantera song
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 6:08 am    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Lockfist,

I stand corrected. That is one intense song!! I still like the first 2 albums with their first singer. But they are like 2 different bands once Phil was added.

CASTLE420

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 6:37 am    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Phil has always been part of Pantera there has been no other singers.
I really can't pick a favorite song, I like all of their songs.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 7:47 am    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

My fav it off one of their indie albums

We'll Meet Again

I really wish thy would remake it and release it on a future CD.
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 8:31 am    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Pantera. Where to begin. Being an ex-singer, I have always leaned towards more melody-based types of bands. That is until about 3 years ago. I had seen the Deftones debut video on EmptyV and really liked it, so I bought the CD. I played it for a good friend of mine who promptly said "You like that Patty? Wait until you hear this..." He went to his car and brought in Vulgar Display of Power. I was just blown away. I had never heard such strength and force in a band before, plus they were MUCH more melodic than I had thought. I know it had something to do with the turmoil I was going through at the time, and songs like A New Level, Fu<king Hostile, No Good, and Rise just fired me up. I bought it the next day, and within a months' time I also owned Far Beyond Driven, and Cowboys from Hell. Vulgar, to this day, remains my favorite. I love every song on it.

Favs on Far Beyond Driven: I'm Broken, Shedding Skin, and Use My Third Arm (didn't grow any testicles, PHEW, but I get the point!).
Favs on Cowboys: Psycho Holiday, Cemetary Gates, Medicine Man, and The Sleep.

It still kinda shocks my friends to see an almost 40 year old mom loading the dishwasher and singing " In turn you're making us fu<<<kkkiiinnnggg hossstttiiile...we stand alooonnne...." [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

NP: Vulgar Display of Power!!

*(Almost forgot ~ Should I pick up the new CD?)*

[This message has been edited by Peppermint Patty (edited 07-21-2000).]
Kit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 1:02 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

[url=http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6731/proof.html]http:// www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6731/proof.html[/url]

hehehe...
Neckbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 1:33 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

P***y Time '88 (that's from the first album with Phil 'Power Metal' - I have an Italian bootleg of it - nice hair and bullet belt Phil!!!)

Ooops. Just kidding. My choice would have to be Walk. I just love that song.

NP: Dio - Wild One
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 2:53 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Either Mouth for War or Five Minutes Alone...it's hard to choose; I enjoy a lot of Pantera songs, but I can't really pick one that just stands out. I'm also a big fan of Cemetary Gates, Psycho Holiday, and Suicide Note (Pt. 1, NOT 2).
Johnny Ballgame

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 3:31 pm    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

Yesterday Don't Mean S**T
Slaughtered
Hard Lines Sunken Cheeks
War Nerve

All of these are just brutal
Minister of Propaganda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2000 12:14 am    Post subject: favorite pantera song Reply with quote

"This Love" is definitely a classic.
Always liked "Mouth For War".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: