HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brave New World
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonlyWizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 9:00 am    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

Now that it has been out for a couple months, and everyone has had a chance to listen to it alot, I'm wondering what everybody's opinion on Brave New World is now. It took me a while to really get into it, but now I am convinced it is definitely one of the storngest Maiden albums they have ever made. Up the Irons!
AssaultAttack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 12:44 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

I stick with my first "review". I think it is one of the strongest/heaviest Maiden's to date, and I can't stop listening to it.
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 1:43 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

Its a great album, I just wish it was mixed a little better. It just makes me wonder why Blaze's solo album is mixed much better than the Maiden album...I mean, it's Iron Maiden, with 3 guitars, lets put them up in the mix a bit. Someone has to kick Steve Harris out of the studio next time.
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 1:43 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

Its a great album, I just wish it was mixed a little better. It just makes me wonder why Blaze's solo album is mixed much better than the Maiden album...I mean, it's Iron Maiden, with 3 guitars, lets put them up in the mix a bit. Someone has to kick Steve Harris out of the studio next time.
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 2:18 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

a couple of months later and I still think its right up there with the best Maiden has ever done. I agree, it doesnt have the edge of the old stuff, but it is much better in other ways. I understand what a lot of people are saying about the mix, but it is Harris' band and he has always had the bass way up in the mix from album 1 on. 6 guitar players wont change that. it's mature, progressive, modern, and heavy. Great album.

[This message has been edited by Brian (edited 07-20-2000).]
edis0n

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 3:00 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

This is a great album. Almost two full months of listening to at least a few tracks off it each day, and im still not tired of it. It sounds updated but classic, Maidens music is never dated because they have a pretty unique sound, which, as you can hear on each album Harris' bass is a big part of. It seems people either love him or hate him because he mixes the bass up front. It wouldnt be maiden with out it. How about Nickos drumming, sounds better than ever.
I cant believe the show at the Garden is only two weeks away. This is f'n awesome.
AZRock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 4:19 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

I'm listening to it right now. Classic Maiden.

You know what really sucks? One of my best buds is getting married the night of the Maiden/Halford/QRyche show here in Phoenix. And I have to go because I'm in the wedding party. AARRGGHHH!!!! WTF??? Don't they realize the importance of this show? I mean, really, it's only a freakin' wedding!

Guess I'm gonna have to roadtrip and catch it in San Fran.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 4:25 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

Loved it first time I heard it, love it now.
muskie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 5:44 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

I think it is a excellent album, the vocals and harmonies are increadiable. The only thing that I'm finding is that it is wearing a little thin as of late. Which probally because I got soooo much new music on the go. :-) Ya I'm bragging not complaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: