HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brave New World
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Depp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 5:54 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

Well, itīs an awesome album. Very even too, all good songs.

And the new songs work live as well....
nitro4040

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 11:25 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

I think it is a good, strong effort. The guitar work is excellent and Bruce is damn good too. I like that they have updated/changed the sound a bit. I definitely like it better then the last few efforts with Blaze and the last few with Bruce. It also stacks up to Bruce solo pretty well too. Doesn't have quite the edge of Powerslave or Number or the earlier ones but overall definitely a good listen. Looking forward to the show! The new ones should kick butt live.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 8:07 am    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

I still like it.
dogfacedgod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 9:05 am    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

I've been a Maiden fan since a friend of mine handed the LP killers to me and said dude check this out.A fan for life i must say.Now as far as the new i guess i'm in the minority.I was really disappointed.I liked probley 4 tunes off the whole thing.I listened to it over and over and it just didn't stick.I expected more i guess.Bruce's last two (Chemical and Accident) were so much more like the old Maiden to me thanks to Adrian.I just can't say i was very impressed.Oh well just another opinion.See ya!
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 9:43 am    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

BRAVE NEW WORLD may not be PIECE OF MIND or POWERSLAVE, but that's ok. BNW is a VERY GOOD album with a few GREAT songs on it.

I can't wait for the tour!
Templar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2000 4:59 pm    Post subject: Brave New World Reply with quote

Very good album, but not Maiden's best. The album suffers from too much repetition -- Maiden's bane ever since "Somewhere in Time." Still, the album is anything but boring. "The Wicker Man," "Brave New World," "The Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and "Out of the Silent Planet" were standouts. "The Nomad" is maybe the worst song they ever did, rivaling even "Quest for Fire." I was most disappointed in the lyrics. I thought they were pretty poor, for the most part. Even the Blaze albums had good lyrics, whatever you say about the music. Overall opinion: definitely worthwhile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: