HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maiden at NYC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edis0n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 1:32 pm    Post subject: Maiden at NYC Reply with quote

The whole show started at like 7:30. Halford really came on out of nowhere and opened it in style. Check my "Holy Heavy Metal" post for set lists.
jordan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 3:56 pm    Post subject: Maiden at NYC Reply with quote

went to show in mass. last nite...best show ever.. maiden sound so good and tight.halford played riding on the wind..excellent, still cant believe the guy sucks cock.......queensryche played queen of the reich and walk in the shadows and take hold of the flame. i was surprised about that. place was packed and think all bands were surprised and very appreciative of everyone.. maiden wanted 100 bucks for one shirt,, thought that was bull**** though so of course no one bought that one.maiden played one song i never heard,, they kept singing "Freedom" anyone know which song this is.. i imagine its off virtual x1 since i dont have that one..heres most of setlist in no particular order.....
wicker man,ghost of, blood brother,brave new world,dream of mirror (????) i think,, i got trashed.......sign of the cross, (spinal tap moment when big cross comes out but didnt catch on fire like it should have,,)) that freedom song i mentioned above, two minutes,the trooper,wrathchild,number, hallowed, sanctuary (last song, and eddie comes out)Fear of the Dark, i think thats it.. doesnt sound like much but all those songs are at least 7 minute songs and more..they were done by 10 50. Great band, lots of energy. thoroughly impressed.
edis0n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 4:02 pm    Post subject: Maiden at NYC Reply with quote

That freedom song is the clansman off of virtual. I didnt see any hundred dollar shirts, the soccer style jersey was sixty$ and another one was 50$ and reg t's are 30$, the prices were bull$hit but f*ck it, it was a great night.
jordan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 4:08 pm    Post subject: Maiden at NYC Reply with quote

just read your post edison and your setlist was right.. i forgot about iron maiden, mercenary and evil that men do..the soccer style jersey was 100$..thats weird it was only 60 in new york.. i wonder if that was a scam too like everything else.. christ,, a beer was 5.50..that is crazy but what are ya gonna do? not drink .. they also dont let you drink in parking lot at show..but everyone does.. just put in cup.. cops everywhere though
edis0n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 4:16 pm    Post subject: Maiden at NYC Reply with quote

No problems from cops in NY.
I got drunk on the train on the way into the city. No problems and every time we stopped more metal heads got on. It was great to see all the stiffs scared $hitless while theres a bunch of drunk headbangers yelling "MAIDEN MAIDEN". Bruce gave a nice rant on how "New York was the heart and soul of metal in North America and how if he says that at any other show about any other state that we could knock his f'n teeth in". The crowd would have ripped the place apart at that point they were loud as hell, and they go into Blood Brothers which kind of brought the moment down a little. Any one else in NYC notice this?
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 5:06 pm    Post subject: Maiden at NYC Reply with quote

I can't post too many thoughts on the show (review to be posted soon at Hardradio!), but it sagged just a lil', I thought, going from "Dream of Mirrors" into "Sign of the Cross."
edis0n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 5:32 pm    Post subject: Maiden at NYC Reply with quote

I know what you mean by sagged a little, I thought it was a little gutsy playing a lot of really long songs, especially back to back! and part of the crowd was really lost on the newer songs. All in all a fabulous show, my only complaint with Maiden was no fallen angel or silent planet. The mercenary doesn't do much for me, though if all the crowd knew the no where to run... part it can be a really good live sing along song.

Metalfilm are you going to do a full review of Halford and Qryche too? I have talked to people that thought Q'ryche was just ok or awesome, a lot of complaints that they used pre - recorded tracks for backing vocals and to make the sound fuller. I didn't really notice, I thought they were great. The one thing everyone agrees on is Halford rocked, people need to get past the fag thing and check out his new album.

[This message has been edited by edis0n (edited 08-07-2000).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: