HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MICHAEL SWEET
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2000 3:53 am    Post subject: MICHAEL SWEET Reply with quote

Man - i have just listened to both of the Michael Sweet solo cd's and i am blown away. Talk about KILLER hard rock. I live for this stuff!! I mean - i have always been a Stryper fan (shut the f++k up about what they wore) but these albums are great too. If you dig classy hard rock with great vocals and songs you can actually remember (as opposed to most 90's Mall Metal that you have listen to a song 100 times before figuring out the "hook") - i highly recommend these amazing cd's. There has been talk of a Stryper reunion and i would love to see it. I realize Michael's voice is an acquired taste (and if you're into puking no-range cookie monsters then stay clear) but what an excellent vocalist!! And before anyone rags on the positive message of Stryper understand this - WHADDYA WANT ALL NEGATIVE F++K THE WORLD BANDS???? I think not - now go out and pick up these cd's and add a little joy into your world.....
P.S. BRING BACK HARD ROCK - AMERICA NEEDS IT!!
Fredrik Nilsson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2000 3:56 am    Post subject: MICHAEL SWEET Reply with quote

Maybe I'll check him out, I used to love Stryper.

To hell with the devil!!
THUMPER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2000 3:15 pm    Post subject: MICHAEL SWEET Reply with quote

YESSIR!! Stryper kicked ass! Yeah, they always threw in a couple of mush songs for the chicks, but overall, great stuff. I miss 'em...
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2000 12:05 pm    Post subject: MICHAEL SWEET Reply with quote

Off the topic, did anyone else know that Stryper's drummer invented triggers?
THUMPER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2000 7:09 pm    Post subject: MICHAEL SWEET Reply with quote

Invented what?? Incidentally, what ever happened to Robert anyway? I know about Mike's solo stuff and Tim & Oz in Sin Dizzy, but where the hell is he?
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 1:17 am    Post subject: MICHAEL SWEET Reply with quote

I met Robert about a year ago - i found out he was doing a session here in Vegas so i had to go see him. Anyways he said he was doing a lot of studio stuff and talked about working with John Corabi. What i found interesting was that when Michael left Stryper he apparently became a recluse and hardly ever talked to his band , family , or friends. Robert said even though that they had been offered alot of big money record deals to reform Stryper Michael had no interest at all but all the other guys wanted to do it. Well - the latest is that Michael is probably going to re-vamp Stryper after 2 killer solo albums but only very moderate success.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 5:25 pm    Post subject: MICHAEL SWEET Reply with quote

Drum triggers
Paul G

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2000 3:05 pm    Post subject: MICHAEL SWEET Reply with quote

"Bring back Hard Rock, America needs it" - yes we want Poison back on top like another hole in the head. Are there any "NEW" fun American hard rock bands outthere at all? I wish somebody would come out and put a new spin on this genre and re-invent it but I guess I'll be left clinging to my Lillian Axe Cd's for a while longer. I really don't buy this metal comeback at all I've been to a few shows this summer and all I see 80% of the crowd anyways are people my age and older trying to re-live the 80's. Until these bands start pulling the kids away from Slipknot/Deftones/Limp/Korn Nu-metal will be it in America until a major label has the balls to PUSH something else. America goes as the marketing winds blow.

Kit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2000 3:20 pm    Post subject: MICHAEL SWEET Reply with quote

Zakk Wylde is in Metal God and Marky Mark plays bass in the video for (I think) Counterfeit God. [b]Pray[/b] that ot sets MTV on fire. Stuff like '13 Years of Grief' has, apart from the fact that it's not dull as ditchwater, quite a nu-metal ring to it.

Storm the barricades, Zakk!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: