HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thin Lizzy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flarpo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 1999 3:40 pm    Post subject: Thin Lizzy Reply with quote

Was wondering if any body has any info on the
Thin Lizzy box set The Vagabond King.
The last I heard was a release date of Sept 99
would appreciate some info on this.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 1999 5:23 pm    Post subject: Thin Lizzy Reply with quote

No word and believe me, you aren't the only one out there sitting and grumbling
Paul G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 5:31 am    Post subject: Thin Lizzy Reply with quote

Well it seems that I missed plenty of action on the board recently but c'est la vie.

For Lizzy fanatics outthere I found a mint copy of Thunder & Lightning on vinyl which has a 4 song bonus EP. It comes packaged in a gatefold sleeve. The live cuts are Emerald, Killer on the Loose, Boys are Back...and Hollywood. The EP is KILLER by the way. Is this thing a collectors item of sorts?

DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 10:49 am    Post subject: Thin Lizzy Reply with quote

I've heard a lot about the box set. It's been delayed about a million times. Damn! I cannot wait for it.

As for the live ep mentioned above, I imagine it is a collectors item, as I've never heard of nor seen one.

As many of you probably heard, the movie rights to the book "My Boy," which was written by Phil's mom, have been sold. The producers said in one report I saw that they wanted Lenny Kravitz to play the part of Phil. Anyone have any other ideas on who could play him?
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 12:47 am    Post subject: Thin Lizzy Reply with quote

Amazing, I was just discussing TODAY how I wanted to make a film about Lynott...and someone beats me to it. Guess that leaves me to do Michael Schenker!
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 11:01 pm    Post subject: Thin Lizzy Reply with quote

Matt, as much as I like to be an optimist, I get the feeling that by the time you've graduated NYU and are all ready to make your first film, the Phil pic will still not have been made. Then, you can buy the rights and see to it that the film gets made properly. Do it for us man (sniff).
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 11:13 pm    Post subject: Thin Lizzy Reply with quote

Already asked Schenker about it and he seemed open to the idea but he hasn't gotten back to me and I havent pushed...we'll see...
nitro4040

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 11:15 pm    Post subject: Thin Lizzy Reply with quote

Matt,
I vote for the Schenker flick. Taht would be interesting. I want the real story !!! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Flarpo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 1999 12:58 am    Post subject: Thin Lizzy Reply with quote

That's funny saw that book at amazon the other night was out of print ugh.Hope they get the box set out before the flick,hell if they take as long getting the film made as geeting the set out Lenny will be an old man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: