HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 1999 8:00 pm    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

BETTER OF 2 EVILS WHAT DO YOU LIKE BETTER 80'S NEW WAVE OR MODERN ROCK?

NOTE: FATALCHARM DOES NOT ENDORSE THE USES OF HORSE POSTERS FOR HOME DECOR. WELL ONLY IN LOUISIANA.(SEE ISSUE#149 FOR FATALS PROBLEM WITH LOUISIANA)
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 1999 8:37 pm    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

What do we mean by modern rock??
OverMuch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 1:50 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

That's very subjective...depending on what we mean by "modern rock", well, I've got Orgy, Marilyn Manson, and Hole in my CD player all the time.

Now, '80's new wave...heh...I've got a ton of it. Go Go's, Flock of Seagulls, The Cars, Duran Duran, etc. And I, uh, just bought the Pet Shop Boys singles collection.

Wow, I feel totally wierd telling you guys that. Kinda like telling your dad you're gay or something. :-)

Overall, I've got very eclectic tastes, but metal is my first choice, and always will be.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 7:17 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

What ever they pass off modern rock on your local 'BUZZ' affiliate.

I prefer 80's new wave. Love the Cure, yes I know they originated in 78 or so. Oh yeah, and that Billy Idol guy.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 7:27 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

Some of the '80s new wave stuff is good (Pet Shop Boys come to mind [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] the good thing about that kind of music was that it was fresh and original. Also, I think that electronica, which I like, owes a lot to '80s new wave. As for "modern rock"...I like Hole, but they're not exactly mainstream. Today's mainstream rock bands (Matchbox 20 and the new Aerosmith come to mind) send me on a station-changing spree.

Spirit
EXCITER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 9:38 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

I must admit that I HATE, HATE, HATE the 80's new wave music! I'm sorry, but when I think back to Boy George, A Flock Of Seagulls, Duran Duran, Mr. Mr., Pet Shop Boys, Cyndi Lauper and WHAM I just want to vomit! Never could stand it - never will.

Sorry if I sound so negative ... but I am, and it's just my opinion on that type of music.

EXCITER
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 10:41 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

I prefer 80s new wave stuff. I hated it at the time, but it was impossible to avoid. So, I have all these great memories of junior high and high school parties with Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Animotion, etc., etc. providing the soundtrack. Now, I'm not exactly stocking the cd changer with the stuff, but I'll turn it up when it comes on the radio.

Heather

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 1:27 pm    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

I listen to both. I remember a time when I couldn't get to the radio fast enough to turn off some of those bands. Now, well, Culture Club doesn't seem quite as bad as they used to.

singing (off key of course)"east end boys and west end girls"
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 3:10 pm    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

I always liked that song "The Promise" by When in Rome. Im going to see Creed on Halloween. Any opinions on Creed or Halloween? Not really a Creed fan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: