HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 1999 4:57 pm    Post subject: K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn Reply with quote

Who's the better one of these two guitar players? And not only that. What are your opinions of them; try to give positive and negative opinions on both of them.

And I sincerely hope you all know who Paul Quinn is??!!

Crusader - Still fit to boogie
Not Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 1999 6:02 pm    Post subject: K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn Reply with quote

I must be dumb because I have no idea who Paul Quinn is. So to be one sided I'll go with K.K. Downing.

C-YA
[img]http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Birdland/4870/pent_12_.gif[/ img]

Crusader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 1999 6:25 pm    Post subject: K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn Reply with quote

Not Man, I'll forgive you for not knowing, well, at least for this time. LOL. Ok, to enlighten all who wish to reply to this topic. Paul Quinn is non other than one of Saxon's guitarists.

Crusader - Still fit to rock n roll
EXCITER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 6:21 am    Post subject: K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn Reply with quote

Having had little expierence with Saxon and tons with Priest, I cannot voice an opionion as it wouldn't be fair to Quinn.

EXCITER
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 10:41 am    Post subject: K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn Reply with quote

I'll throw my hat in with Paul Quinn. Actually, he could probably use my hat. Isn't he the one who's alternately bald and sporting a shag? Or is that a different Saxon guitarist? Anyway, my personal preference has always been for all things Saxon -- including the guitar playing. I love Priest, but for me few bands sum up the metal ethic like Saxon.

And, as you probably know Crusader, Saxon were completely mind blowing on their recent US tour.
Crusader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 10:53 am    Post subject: K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn Reply with quote

Hmmm... Death, perhaps you're thinking about former bassist Steve Dawson? He never had much hair, so if you give your hat to him, I think it would be appreciated [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

About the US tour, I wouldn't know [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img], since I live in Sweden. I saw them in December -97 (with excellent Swedish band Lion's Share as special guest) and they certainly rocked bigtime then! Hopefully they'll visit Sweden again, promoting their new album Metalhead.

[This message has been edited by Crusader (edited 09-13-1999).]
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 1:29 pm    Post subject: K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat as Exciter on this one.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 2:43 pm    Post subject: K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn Reply with quote

Not very knowledgable on Saxon. Only had one tape, Crusader, liked it a lot but that doesn't qualify me to comment. Plus the dual attack of JP makes it hard to determine. I always felt it was Tipton who was the better of the two anyways.

On a side note.. What Saxon cd's can anyone recommend? Or give me your opinions of a couple. thanks,
anamal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 3:24 pm    Post subject: K.K. Downing vs. Paul Quinn Reply with quote

Crusader, i have a funny story for you about the time i was priviledged enough to meet the guys in SAXON, it was the summer of 98 and they did a show in MANCHESTER,NH ,me and my buddies got there at 3pm for a 8pm show figuring to meet the band setting up, which we did, all the guys were cool(even Biff) ,so i had them autograph UNLEASH THE BEAST,but i couldnt find PAUL(the mighty) QUINN anywhere,until i asked BIFF,he was sitting all by himself by a pool table,i must have walked by him 50 times,not knowing who he was,he LOOKED like STEVE DAWSON, he had no hair,i guess he wore a toupee or extensions for the last 10 yrs, but he was the coolest guy in the band, having him autograph the disc was the highlight of my night,also SAXON kicked major ass that night, See ya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: