HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What got you hooked on a particular band?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 4:16 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

I bought a Sabbath album (in '73 when I was 8 years old) just because I liked the names of the songs! Been a fan ever since.
Almost the same thing for AC/DC in 78. An album with a guy impaled by his guitar! This has got to be good. It was!
Unfortunatly, luck ran out when I bought the Clash album London Calling, because of the dude smashing his guitar on the cover...oops!
nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 4:29 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

Had an older bro into ufo and sorta grew on me. Started listening to other stuff and got hooked on Scorps, Van Halen, and Schenker... Plus Heavy Metal is the best music to play video games to when you are stoned..
§omm§

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 4:49 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

Now I remember where I've seen you posting before [url=http://www.cannabis.com/Nitro4040]www.cannabis.com/Nitro4040[/url ]

*[b][i]guess I didn't kill all those brain cells off after all[/i][/b]*

Not Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 5:30 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

I was first turned on to [b]RUSH[/b] when I was a sophomore in high school......... I remember sitting in the school cafeteria and hearing this song of course not knowing who it was I began to ask around who is this? I soon found out that it was [b]RUSH[/b] and the song was [i]LIMELIGHT[/i]. Even though I found out about them later in their career I was hooked. I set out to learn and buy all of their music.

C-YA
[img]http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Birdland/4870/pent_12_.gif[/ img]

Nuchols

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 6:58 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

When i was in junior high, a guy named John who was in high school threatened to kick my butt if i didn't listen to Kiss and stop listening to disco. the man saved my life, and although he is dead now (DWI victim) I'll never forget when i bought my first Kiss record, DESTROYER. I was so proud that I had to call him up and tell him about it. He later burned all of his, renouncing rock and roll, but we all do dumb stuff.
Crusader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 9:08 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

My two fav bands are, as you all should know by now, Motörhead and Saxon.

The first Motörhead record I bought was the live record No Sleep At All in the summer of 1993. I hadn't listened to them before, so I bought this record just to find out what they sounded like. At first I wasn't too impressed, but after listening to it several times it got better and better, and I thought (still do) the guitar solo on Traitor was just awesome. I've been a fan of them ever since, and for the past two years I've also been a member of their fan club - Motörheadbangers. Finally I also had the chance to see them live early this summer at the Sweden Rock Festival.

The first Saxon record I listened to was Power And The Glory (this must have been around -94 -95). The reason I decided to listen to it was because I liked the cd's cover. (What a way to choose music eh?) It so happened I liked their music as well, so the first record of theirs I bought was Solid Ball Of Rock, but I wasn't as big a Saxon fan back then as I am today.

Crusader - MHB 1775
Heather

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 1999 8:06 am    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

What started me out was my sister. When I was 12, she lived with us and was really into Def Leppard. I started listening and for my 13th birthday, she took me to see them in concert. On the way home, the radio dj was playing "Fool For Your Lovin'" off the Ready & Willing album. I fell in love. I'm not sure if it was his voice, the guitars or just the overall sound of it all but I was hooked. I searched and searched but never could find the album (when you live out of town and are 13, your choices are limited) The next year, Slide It In came out and the radio station played it on their 6-pack (6 lps in their entirety). I recorded it (and still have it) , Animalize and DP's Perfect Strangers in the same night! That was a good night. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
EXCITER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 6:46 am    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

Kinda ironic how I got into KISS. I was 13, and a new kid moved in across the street. I invited him over to swim in our pool. He had asked me who my favorite band was, and I responded "I don't know, but I hate KISS". He was devastated at my answer because his fav was them. He showed me his collection of LP's and we had a listening party. This was 1978. I AM NOW A FREAK.

EXCITER
freeride

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 8:41 am    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

I'll never forget being at this mall with a friend of mine when I was twelve years old. He had an older brother who was into music and his brother had told him the new Kiss and the new Aerosmith were real cool. Well, I bought both of them. Aerosmith-Rocks and Kiss-Destroyer. Needless to say I was completely hooked. I've never recovered. Long Live Rock N Roll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: