HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Queensryche?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 3:08 pm    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anybody has had the chance to hear the new Queensryche disc yet, and if so, what you thought of it...I was very disappointed with 'Hear in the Now Frontier', and am very skeptical about buying this cd....
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 3:11 pm    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

Is empire a good cd? Did it spawn any radio hits? I see it in all the Pawn shops.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 3:14 pm    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

I think Empire is a good cd, and it did spawn 'Silent Lucidity', which is still overplayed to this day. But overall, it is a good cd, but Operation: Mindcrime, it is not.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 3:19 pm    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

whoa,,,, thanx. I didnt even see that on the track listing. Im going to pick up a copy.
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 3:48 pm    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

Is there any "metal" left in Queensryche? I heared Hear In The Now Frontier, and to tell you the truth, I didn't like it one bit. The by far best I've heard with them was Queen Of The Ryche EP. The Warning isn't too bad either.

The very metal Crusader
nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 5:40 pm    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

I was never a big fan, and like Crusader think Queen of the Ryche is their best effort. I remember hearing that and thinking they could be the next Maiden, then Geoff Tate thought he could sing and the rest is history... Liked a few of their songs but after a long layoff not expecting much, they didn't impress me live either... I wish they would come out with something up tempo like Jet City or Queen of the Ryche, oh well... I have many other cd's to purchase anyways...
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 11:29 pm    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

Empire is by far their best-selling and most popular album (with the foolish masses, that is). Every single released off that album was a radio and/or video hit. In order of release:

"Empire"
"Best I Can"
"Silent Lucidity"...MONSTER HIT
"Anybody Listening?"
"Jet City Woman"
"Another Rainy Night(Without You)"]

I don't think it is a bad album at all. The used copies you see were probably traded in by sh itheads who never heard of Qryche till "Silent Lucidity."
"Oh Lance, this should be OUR song!"
"Yes Amy. I love you. Can we screw now?"
jordan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 12:47 am    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

i just got it today.. if you like soundgarden.get it. if you like HITNF. get it. If you like slow mellow queensryche. get it. if you like The Warning, Mindcrime, Empire. DONT get it.
woosta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 5:59 am    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

I've been hearing some of the songs on my digital music channel and they all SUCK. More alterna crap from a once classic band.
Avoid it at all costs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: