HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Queensryche?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OverMuch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 10:27 am    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

Empire was a great album, but for me, their landmark will always be Mindcrime. I was lucky enough to see the entire album and stage show for Mindcrime played the way it was meant to be (on the Empire tour, no less) and it was, in a word, incredible.

I used to be proud of 'Ryche being one of the only metal acts out of Seattle, now I'm just crying.

*sob*
*whimper*
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 3:32 pm    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

Well Q2K arrived today and my first impression is that it is more of an upbeat Empire style album. Its way too early to list fave tracks but unlike the previous two efforts (TPL, HITNF), Q2K has a better musical flow as opposed to the 3-5 cool tunes amongst the filler.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:51 pm    Post subject: New Queensryche? Reply with quote

I just picked up "hear in the now frontier" a couple of weeks ago, new for $4. Well that was decent price i thought. Its not a great metal album but i do think it shows off their talent more than their earlier albums(with the exception of Geoff's voice; he sucks on this album). So if the new album is like "hear in the nwo frontier", but it if you want assurance that the band can play their instruments. I really didnt think they had that much talent beyond their lyrics and Geoff until this album which is the opposite; geoff and lyrics are nothing the others are good. I do miss their sad depressing songs though like "killing me with words" and all of mindcrime had such an excellent atmosphere. the best i can find to replace it is savatage but they are lacking lyrically i think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: