HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can the Internet destroy MTV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 5:50 pm    Post subject: Can the Internet destroy MTV Reply with quote

Just a thought. Can the internet and digital cable in the coming years explode enough to give us access to what we all want, more METAL!

I have heard that digital radio for your car is in the works and testing and internet shouldnt be that far behind. All we need is a cellular network and some sort of display.
Comments, remarks?
zombie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 8:31 pm    Post subject: Can the Internet destroy MTV Reply with quote

I gave up on MTV a loooooooooooong time ago, so I kinda hope something kills it. Maybe then it can be reborn.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 9:23 pm    Post subject: Can the Internet destroy MTV Reply with quote

This isnt meant to be a bash on mtv or a call for mtv to bring bacdk metal at all. Just wondering if anyone can see something like this happening or will the net become too regulated or will no one take the chance to do such a thing. hey, maybe i should? hmmm..
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 10:43 pm    Post subject: Can the Internet destroy MTV Reply with quote

As long as there is a market there is hope.
I mean think about it whoever would monopolize on it would have no competition. Right now I like to go to internet video sites and watch streaming metal videos. Though not that many.
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 11:42 pm    Post subject: Can the Internet destroy MTV Reply with quote

Actually, I get a lot of my music through the internet... download the MP3's, have a friend burn the audio onto a CD, then play it in my car...

It's cool to have a CD with your favorite driving songs on it in the order you like to hear them.

As for "internet killing MTV", I truly believe it depends on who you're talking about... many people still like (and watch) MTV when they're not "online". What I mean is this... people get off the computer at some point and watch some TV, I know I do (although Leviathan does not watch eMpTyV). We have just one computer in our house, so when my wife is online, I find something to watch on the satelite dish. And since I personally do not like MTV, I may find myself watching VH-1 instead. Point being: this is MY tastes, but there are SO MANY other people who still watch MTV, even though they use the internet. I DO believe that if anything kills MTV, the internet will surely be the thing to do them in...

...(_E\/|/\TH/\N
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 5:23 am    Post subject: Can the Internet destroy MTV Reply with quote

Hey Tarantuala eyes!!!!

For your METAL VIDEO NEEDS check out this site [url=http://www.vidnet.com/cgi-bin/new/lst.pl?Rock]http://www.vidnet.c om/cgi-bin/new/lst.pl?Rock[/url]

You can see vids by Anthrax, Armored Saint Cannibal Corpse, Claw Hammer, Bruce Dickinson, Fear Factory, Gwar, Jackyl, and Riot. Along with new rock/metal Sevendust, Black Lab, Bush, BuckCherry, and Manson.

Oh and Tommy and Pamela Lee!!!

Oh and if you guys have never scene the Bon Jovi looking evil clone "Jesse Camp" check him out. Talk about Retro glam.

[This message has been edited by Fatalcharm (edited 09-15-1999).]
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 6:52 am    Post subject: Can the Internet destroy MTV Reply with quote

Thanks FATALCHARM for the e-mail address for the metal music.Check it out people if you haven't.Oh I think the internet could destroy Mtv along with anything else.The internet is a powerful thing and only geting stronger.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 9:51 am    Post subject: Can the Internet destroy MTV Reply with quote

thanks for the site Fatal,

L, I know what you are saying , but what I am talkin about is when cable tv and internet are melded together. so you would not necessarily be on the computer, but on your tv and selecting channels (web sites) so to speak.
OverMuch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 10:11 am    Post subject: Can the Internet destroy MTV Reply with quote

Well, I don't see WebTV doing that much...isn't that what you're basically talking about, or am I misunderstanding you?

Another thing...I hear all this talk about the internet killing radio. Well, I don't see that happening, either. A radio is verrrry portable compared to a computer. Anyone else have a view on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: