HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 7:25 pm    Post subject: The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!! Reply with quote

I see you guys like Uncle Toms Cabin but in general hate Warrant. I also see mucho apathy towards Poison. To me if its long haired and loud and is about a good time its all rock. Metallica or the Stones I respect both. I mean just for kicks is there anything you like about these bands despite the fact they got undeserved popularity?
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 7:39 pm    Post subject: The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!! Reply with quote

I read in the Hard News that Jizzy Pearl is auditioning for one of the biggest acts of the 80s? My guess is Van Halen.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 9:24 pm    Post subject: The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!! Reply with quote

Not to cross this over with the "What's wrong with women" thread, but I had two long relationships with homecoming queens and they were both completely insane. However, one of my best friends is married to a former homecoming queen (and prom queen) and she is one of the most genuinely nice people I know. I've actually got a "thing" for her but since she is married to my buddy, well, I'm not a scumbag.

Warrant? I saw them back at the Whiskey-a-go-go in LA a while before they were signed. I had to take a leak and while taking care of business, Brett Michaels took care of his business in the next urinal. I didn't say anything to him because guys just dont do that. Anyway, I did a bunch of interviews with him later on and always wanted to tell him that story and ask "Hey, remeber me?" But I never did because that would be strange.

Oh, yeah, Warrant just never did it for me. It's not because they are wimpy or anything, because to me it's not how hard you are but whether you are any good. They just never got my mojo working.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 6:44 am    Post subject: The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!! Reply with quote

Yeah, I would definetly agree that "hey remember me" would be taboo.
Heather

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 8:05 am    Post subject: The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!! Reply with quote

Death,

Men don't talk to each other in restrooms? That's weird. I figured they went in there and gossiped just as badly as the women. Perhaps if you recreated the situation you could say something about deja vu? (I'm getting a very good laugh over this)

Warrant has some good songs and some that really suck. "Sometimes She Cries" and "Where the Lawn Boys Mow" are two that I thought sucked.
OverMuch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 10:45 am    Post subject: The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!! Reply with quote

I thought that the only two songs they ever did that were worth a sh1t were "Uncle Tom's Cabin" (which I LOVE) and "I Saw Red."

Otherwise, Cherry Pie? Ugh...a horrible, horrible arrangement and awful lyrics.

Normally I don't mind brainless songs about sex, i.e. L.O.V.E. Machine, but at least Wasp rocks.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 3:59 pm    Post subject: The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!! Reply with quote

Never liked Warrant back in Highschool. I did buy the greatest hits for the acoustic of "I saw red". I like fun loud music so they pass I guess. Oh and I thought It was "Where the Cowboys go", until 97.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:17 pm    Post subject: The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!! Reply with quote

I dont completely hate Poison. Mostly i just hate its members. I hate Bret Michaels pretty much more than any rock star i can think of except for maybe ace frehley and i dont like the rest of the band members except CC seems like an ok guy in some way that i cant quite pinpoint. Poison is good for a laugh though. Unskinny Bop is my favorite dumb-as-hell song to sing along to and laugh at the same time. they also look like they may be good live. Infact i would have seen them this summer if theyd come near me. but they didnt so...and ive never heard any warrant.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 7:36 pm    Post subject: The declining beauty of homecoming queen candidates!!!! Reply with quote

Actually I dont think any guy wants to hear another guys voice when hes .......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: