HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tattoos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 2:33 pm    Post subject: Tattoos Reply with quote

My mom had the same reaction as yours DTFM, she called them trashy and almost cried. She's okay with them now, but I sure don't ever see my mom getting one!
Corsair

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 6:18 pm    Post subject: Tattoos Reply with quote

Tattoo's are great. Addictive too...you'll want another, then another. I have been inked several (6) times, for some really badass tatts. It's not like I get inked every year, but only if some design has just stayed with me forever. I tend to think about the design at least a year before getting it inked. I got one when I was 18 in the army (a rose and web) that I didn't like in 6 months. I just wanted a tattoo that night. DON'T DO THAT! I've since got it changed to be 3 spiny roses and a huge blue and black web encircling it all.
To me, the initial outlining needles feel like a hot knife is burning a line in my skin. Then, endophins kick in, and I go 1/2way numb for 2 - 3 hours. 3 Hours is my limit. Can't go over that without some real pain starting to kick in.
As far as placement, I have all mine where I can wear a shirt and long pants and have them covered. I like to be employed...Lower back hurts a lot, as does any part of the thigh, and inner arm (by underarm, not forearm). Lower leg didn't bother me at all, even on my shin.
Like other people said, it means more if you design it yourself, or tell the artist what you want instead of picking a pattern. Never know if you'll run into someone with the same pattern. Don't get something the size of a freaking dime either. That sux. Might as well pierce your bellybutton and wear Spice Girls logos.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 1:05 pm    Post subject: Tattoos Reply with quote

Do any of you have full cover art to some album tattoed on your back or chest? Anyone who does has got to be nuts. What are they thinking?

The only reason i would want a tattoo would be to say i did it which is a really dumb reason. Plus im sure i would get addicted if i actually liked the tattoo and i would end up looking really ugly and i wouldnt even like the tattoos that much.

hey speaking of tattoos is that facepaint king diamond wears? or a tattoo? i always wondered that. Anyone have a cool face tattoo. I thought itd be funny to get a gaping wound tattoo on my head and then go around and mess with people theyd see me at first and be like "AAAHHHH" and then theyd realize it was just a tattoo. It would create interesting reactions....but im not going to do that.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 5:36 pm    Post subject: Tattoos Reply with quote

That's facepaint on the King.
OverMuch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 7:29 pm    Post subject: Tattoos Reply with quote

FYI, white tattoo ink doesn't take very well and fades quickly, and I've seen King without makeup a few times.

Anybody going to the Merciful Fate show in Seattle? I'm debating. I've never really been a fan, but I'm in the mood for a show, and Fate's one of those "Ya know, I really should see them just for the sake of seeing them" bands.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 9:25 pm    Post subject: Tattoos Reply with quote

Are you gonna pass up the chance to see Fate, Nevermore and Amorphis together?? If that sounds like a good idea, I'll kill ya!!
OverMuch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 10:49 am    Post subject: Tattoos Reply with quote

I don't think Nevermore and Amorphis are opening at this show...didn't see anything about it. If they are, I'll ditch work. Heh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: