HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transformers Theme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satariel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 2:45 pm    Post subject: Transformers Theme Reply with quote

I just watched Transformers The Movie and there is a band called LION that does the Transformers theme. I cant find anything on the net about them maybe you guys know something.
Heather

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 3:27 pm    Post subject: Transformers Theme Reply with quote

Lion did a song "Powerlove" that was pretty good. I have it somewhere but other than that, I'm my usual clueless!
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 3:45 pm    Post subject: Transformers Theme Reply with quote

I don't know what that one song in the movie is called, but it goes "You got the touch, you got the power." However, this is the same song Dirk Diggler is passing as his demo in Boogie Nights.
Heather

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 8:27 am    Post subject: Transformers Theme Reply with quote

I just checked out the All Music Guide and according to it, Lion released an LP called "Roaring" in July. Couldn't find out any more.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 10:00 am    Post subject: Transformers Theme Reply with quote

Are you talking about the same Lion featuring the great Kal Swan? Swan, I believe, is the vocalist now for Bad Moon Rising.
anamal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 3:58 pm    Post subject: Transformers Theme Reply with quote

Lion, was an MID/Late 80s killer hard rock band with unbelievable talent,,Kal Swan(X-Tytan, vocals)Doug Aldrich (Guitar,pre-Hurricane)Mark Edwards(Drums,X-Steeler,3rd stage alert)and Jerry Best(bass),to the best of my knowledge i know they released Dangerous Attraction in 86/87 and Trouble in angel city in 89,then after that Kal Swan and Doug Aldrich formed Bad Moon Rising, dont know what happened to Jerry Best, but Mark Edwards Got into a very bad moto-cross wreck and was(is?)paralyzed due to it.....
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 9:17 pm    Post subject: Transformers Theme Reply with quote

Umm, dudes... I just went to CDNow and listened to a few tracks off of the album by Lion entitled "Roaring" (1999 release) and it sounds like Raggae music BBLLEEECCCHHHH!!!
Tell me this isn't the kind of talent you were talking about Animal...?? Did they have a different style in the 80's?? If so, I would like to find some music clips and check them out... if anyone knows where some can be downloaded, please lemme know =)

...(_E\/
Heather

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 9:54 pm    Post subject: Transformers Theme Reply with quote

Lev,

I just went to CDNow, that's got to be a different band! I think the All Music Guide screwed up (not the first time). In the 80's they were hard, sounded like most any band that got signed during that last huge rush but better than some. Powerlove really kicked ass. If you give me some time to dig it up, I can snail mail you the song. (Don't forget I'm moving in 5 days)

LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 11:03 pm    Post subject: Transformers Theme Reply with quote

Thanks Heather...

that would RULE: Email me when you want my snail mail addy =)

...(_E\/

[This message has been edited by LEV1ATHAN (edited 09-21-1999).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: