HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metal channels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 8:35 am    Post subject: Metal channels? Reply with quote

I'm debating on getting digital cable and would like to know if anybody has it and if so is there any metal channels on there besides Mtv or Vh1 witch don't really count since the don't play metal anymore?
ZaphodBeeblebrox42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 1:41 pm    Post subject: Metal channels? Reply with quote

I'm not sure if digital cable has the same music channels as Directv does, but the ones on Directv are really good. There's the metal channel which plays quite a variety of heavy stuff. Anything from Deicide to Black Sabbath and all in between. The classic rock channel is decent also.
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 4:11 pm    Post subject: Metal channels? Reply with quote

A bud of mine has direct tv and the metal station does jam. Non-stop with no commercials. I might add though that there isn't any picture. Just the song title & band info. It's more like listening to CD's than Mtv or VH1.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 6:54 am    Post subject: Metal channels? Reply with quote

I have the digital cable and I now can't live without it! I got it for the 45 commercial free CD quality channels it offers. My three favorites are the "Metal", "Rock Hits" and "Classic Rock" channels. When I'm sometimes in my wierd place, I also put on the old blues channel. Hey, DIO listens to classical and opera when he writes, so get off my azz!

EXCITER
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 1999 4:11 pm    Post subject: Metal channels? Reply with quote

DIRECTV carries Music Choice which has a heavy metal channel 816. DMX was on Primestar, but they got bought out by DTV. DMX may be available on your local cable, but they may not carry the "Hard Rock" channel. So check it out. Muzak is on The Dish Network. I know they have a hard rock channel. I have DTV and I love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: