HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:03 pm    Post subject: Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio Reply with quote

Dio every time!
Just compare the two, singing in Black Sabbath. (Mob Rules/Heaven and Hell vs Born Again) That's just no competition! I was to see Black Sabbath on their Ian Gillan tour. The only cool thing about that was that they played *both* Smoke on the Water and Paranoid! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]
Corsair

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:59 pm    Post subject: Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio Reply with quote

DIO, of course! There's just not too many people that can come close to comparing to little Ronnie.
Not Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 7:13 pm    Post subject: Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio Reply with quote

I'll have to go with [b]DIO[/b] because the guy just keeps on amazing me with his talent and musical prowess. Not to mention he has been in the rock world since 1957. He is definetely [i]THE KING OF ROCK AND ROLL[/i].

C-YA
[img]http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Birdland/4870/pent_12_.gif[/ img]
Crusader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 1999 3:50 am    Post subject: Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio Reply with quote

This has turned out to be pretty one-sided. At least I thought some of you would choose Gillan as the better singer. I mean, could Dio have sung Child In Time?? Hmmm...I think not!

I have also seen Deep Purple live, earlier this year, and both Ian and the band were absolutely fantastic. I saw Dio the same day, and even if he is a great singer, he was no match for Ian Gillan.
Mad Max

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 1999 4:52 pm    Post subject: Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio Reply with quote

Crusader, you are not alone, I happen to like Gillan better than Dio too.
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 1999 5:03 pm    Post subject: Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio Reply with quote

I have to concur with DeathtofalseMetal, Gillan has a great voice and has done some damn fine work, but Dio is the Heavy Metal Dwarf from Hell. I saw him play a relatively small club last year and my ears were ringing almost as much as my perma-grin was shining for three days.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 6:25 am    Post subject: Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio Reply with quote

Gotta go with DIO. I saw him on the "Last In Line Tour". I saw Ian with Black Sabbath on the "Born Again Tour". No comparison in my very humble opinion. Dio has an extremely strong voice that DOES NOT WARE as the show progresses. Ian's does. Dio is also much more the showman than Ian. Have a different opinion? Seriously listen to "Heaven and Hell", then "Born Again". Case closed.

EXCITER
DEFFY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 1:38 pm    Post subject: Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio Reply with quote

What?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time just ask me, do you want to die by lethal injection or by hanging?

Both a great singers.
I had the opportunity to see the Born Again tour- great. I still have the shirt/LP(vinyl).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 2:39 pm    Post subject: Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie Dio Reply with quote

Exciter: With all due respect, I would point out that "Born Again" is not exactly the high point of Ian Gillan's career.

Again, it is like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Ferrari. Both are classics, but hardly comparable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: