HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reissues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:43 am    Post subject: Reissues Reply with quote

Thanks Matt, that pretty much covers it, as for Scorps "Love at First..." was the beginning of a decline which continues to this day.

I would also like to add: Pat Travers (the entire back catalog) + UFO.

nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 9:44 am    Post subject: Reissues Reply with quote

Paul G. I wouldn't say Love at First Sting wa s the beginning of the decline. I would say it was, perhaps not the peak, but that last real good album they put out.

Jake, Old Scorps being better is, of course, a matter of opinion. It is somewhat different than what you know, especailly the Uli days. The first 3 with Mattias before Love at first sting (Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism, Blackout) are definitely awesome and similiar to the Scorps you know.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 10:02 am    Post subject: Reissues Reply with quote

The '70s Alice Cooper albums, particularly the ACG ones, all need remastering...and those stingy suits at the record company need to get their act together and start selling _School's Out_ with the accompanying pink panties again. There's simply no excuse for cheating fine, upstanding consumers out of their much-deserved panties. *indignant snort*

Spirit
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reissues Reply with quote

Black N' Blue: Without Love
Overdrive: Swords and Axes
Helloween: Keepers I & II
Kick Axe: Vices
ZaphodBeeblebrox42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reissues Reply with quote

Crytopsy's None So Vile. It's next to impossible to find this and impossible to find it for less than $40 or $50
ZaphodBeeblebrox42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reissues Reply with quote

ugh...that's Cryptopsy
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reissues Reply with quote

they need to rerelease the helloween albums Pink Bubbles go Ape and Master of the Rings those are kindof hard to find.

I only have the scorpions albums: Black Out, Love at First Sting, and Crazy World. I still think Black Out is filler but it rocks all the same. Crazy World is a soso album with a couple of good songs, and Love at First Sting is a good album. I like the songs with really cool riffs and solos, and also the ones where Klaus shows off his excellent voice so i like as my favorites ive heard are: No One like You, Smoke is Going Down, Rock You Like a Hurricane, Coming Home(what an excellent song), and Dont Believe Her. Are the earlier songs like these or are they less riffs or something?
nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reissues Reply with quote

Jake,
I think you would like the older stuff as well. Ulrich Roth, as he is known on those albums, is an awesome lead player. One of the best I have ever seen. If you can get Tokyo Tapes or In Trance (they both can be found on cd) you will see. Then Lovedrive has both Mathias and Michael Schenker on lead guitar, some great songs like the title track, another piece of meat, cant get enough. animal magnatism is awesome too in my opinion.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reissues Reply with quote

One of the frustrating things is that a lot of stuff is reissued, but then deleted again. For instance, the Warner Bros.-era Thin Lizzy catalog was remastered and domestically issued back in about 1992. The packaging on these was superior to the European versions and at least generally replicated the LP packaging. However, it is once again unavailable here. Now, if something comes out I grab it right away for fear it will be deleted.

Eventually, I imagine that we will at least be able to download back catalogs over the net. Titles wont get deleted because there will be no associated manufacturing and distribution costs. Just file space.

Good call on the Heavy Pettin'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: