HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording CD's
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 5:26 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

OK - I've got a burner now and I'd like to record various comp CD's for the car. I've got Adaptec and it's fairly easy to use, the only problem is I can't play the CD's on the home unit or in the car (they don't fffing work). They do work on the PC, am I missing the mark on something really simple here like speed etc...some idiot proofing would really be appreciated before i end having to erase and re-record 20 Cd-RW's. HELP
Bill_amcns

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 5:44 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

Ive used 4 different types of software to burn, and never had a problem with discs not playing.

The best program Ive used, is Sony CD Extreme. No converting to wav, no problems ever.

Not sure what your problem could be, I never used the adaptec program.

NP : Iced Earth - Melancholy
Not Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 6:15 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

I use the Adaptec program and I haven't had any problems playing my cd's on another stereo.

C-YA

I just noticed this might be your problem....If your home stereo and your car stereo aren't cd-rw compatible they won't work.

[This message has been edited by Not Man (edited 09-19-2000).]
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 7:21 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

Adaptec...we've got one in the lab and I've got a hard time making data CD's with the damned thing. I can make them, but I can only get them to read under certain circumstances. I don't have anything useful to say, except that I'm not surprised...ADAPTEC SUCKS ASS!
Metal1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 7:24 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

Here's your problem. Are you burning mp3 files to the CD? If you are, the CD wont play on a normal CD player. You need to convery the MP3 into a wav file (musicmatch can do it), then burn it. Wav's take up more space, so make sure you have enough room on your hard-drive (you can delete the wav's once you've burned the CD anyway). That should solve your problem, hope I can help.
Metal1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 7:26 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

PS. I find CD-R's to work better for music. You can write to them faster, and their cheap. I use CD-RW's for data backups, thats about it.
edis0n

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 7:52 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

CD-RW only work in computers. I did the same thing when i first got my burner.

And use the "Disc at Once" option. It eliminates the 2 second gap between songs. Makes for a lot better listening.
Bill_amcns

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 8:05 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

CD-RW will work in any player that will play a CD-R, as long as it is "closed".

I think Im correct here??? anyone?
edis0n

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 8:09 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

CD-RW will Only work on your P.C.

CD-R will work on any cd player after it is closed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: