HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXCITER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 10:50 am    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

Is anyone else in this pathetic situation?

I'm separated - pending a divorce. Since I'm in the military, my kids stay with mom during the week and I get them on the weekends. This Friday night when I picked them up, the oldest (almost 12) asked me if he can listen to his new CD on the way home. I said, "Sure. What is it?" I'll be dingy-danged if it wasn't Britney Spears. I said "What? Hey - I've got a reputation to keep here!". Both my sons like my music, their favorite being KISS (of course), so I thought whatever the CD was it would at least be respectable rock. HELP! Anyone else suffering with the Pre-Teen Blues? (BTW - I folded and let him play it, windows up, volumn down!).

EXCITER
anamal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 12:58 pm    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

Exciter; i am in the same boat that you are, but i being the type of guy i am, i end up spending my money on that (Britney SPears) CRAP for the loved one (my Daughter 12yrs old) but there`s hope ,she asked for the 1st VAN HALEN and i gladly dished out the cash for her choice in that one>
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 1:24 pm    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

You guys have a very important job to do -- influencing a whole new generation of metal fans. You owe it to your children to raise them right!

Though I have no children yet, I did have a minor breakthrough of my own this weekend, when I came home to find my metalically-challenged fiancee cranking some Thin Lizzy while she worked. I knew there was a reason I'm marrying that girl!!!!
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 5:24 pm    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

The sad truth is that we have to let our kids (well, YOUR kids; I don't have any!) listen to the music of their choice. After all, we get p*ssed off when schools ban Guns n' Roses T-shirts, right? We must practice tolerance...and sympathy, in EXCITER's case.

Spirit
zombie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 7:35 pm    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

Exciter,

When you feel that your son is old enough.
introduce him to the Lita Ford and Dora CD's
If I ever have a son, I'm gonna give him a
Guitar and a playboy, and explain that if he plays one he get the other!!! just kidding
that would be irresponsible of me as a parent.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 6:07 am    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

Anamal - I totally agree that he needs to be guided to the "Right Kind Of Music". But, as Spirit eluded to, he needs to make his own decisions as to taste. BUT I CAN'T TAKE IT! If I hear that dang verse "OH Baby, Baby" one more time I'll break that dang CD!

Great idea about the Playboy and the Guitar!!!!

He has gone through his phases in the past, liking Michael Jackson, BackStreet Boys and N'Synch, but this newest little girlie teen idol is terrible. She has the most irritating voice - like one of those "Valley Girls" on chipmunk speed.

MAY THE METAL GODS SHINE DOWN THEIR MERCYFUL POWER AND ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO THE CHOSEN PATH FOR MY CHILDREN!!!!!

EXCITER
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 6:59 am    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

Exciter heres a quote from Dr. Joyce Brothers:

"As long as they don't want implants then it's okay. Now get me a sandwich."
EXCITER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 7:04 am    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

LOL @ FATALCHARM!!!

Now, GET A JOB!
Heather

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 8:31 am    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

I don't have these problems yet. I just get to listen to Pooh songs and the songs from Land Before Time. I'm very sure we look cool driving down the road all singing "The wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers are wonderful things....." But, on the other side, whenever the 1 year old starts crying in the car, the only thing that shuts him up is if I put in Whitesnakes Starkers in Tokyo!

My parents always had a rule-"My car, my music".

My deepest sympathies to all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: