HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone here hate Pantera
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinPopoffSucks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 2:39 pm    Post subject: Anyone here hate Pantera Reply with quote

ozzy wore makeup and used hairspray does that make him glam?? the scorpions used hairspray - are they a glam and/or hairband??
Duran Duran wore makeup and used hairspray......you see, the whole thing IS pathetic. the term is MTV/Vh-1's way of pigeon holing and basically writing off the 80's/early 90's. the way i see it, at least all those bands were willing to look good for their concerts and their fans and they wore the clothes, did the hair and put on a great show for the fans. i'm certainly not interested in seeing a concert where the band looks like they just got there from the greyhound bus station or just got out of bed and then stare at the floor , rooted to the spot, for the entire concert.......now THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!! if i wanted that i would go home and put on the cd and get the same thing in more comfort. so, to me, any band who is willing to go all out and look the part, dress the part, and ROCK and have lots of energy to put on a show - thats the band i wanna go see. You people can dog Van Halen , Rush, Kiss, Poison, Motley Crue etc....all you want but while you are getting ripped off PAYING for a coal chamber, soulfly, godsmack+++ concert ticket , i am getting my money's worth at a full blown production concert with great ROCK/METAL music & a superb show. In my humble opinion - thats what going to a concert should be all about - SHOEGAZING SUCKS!!
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 3:40 pm    Post subject: Anyone here hate Pantera Reply with quote

MPS is right on - and yet there will still be the idiots who disagree - and those are the idiots who killed metal...

Nuff Said
EpicFNM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 10:26 pm    Post subject: Anyone here hate Pantera Reply with quote

[img]http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6731/phil.jpg[/img]

Looks like Phil's role model was Bret Michaels back in the day. I wonder what brand of lipstick he used?
MartinPopoffSucks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 2:19 am    Post subject: Anyone here hate Pantera Reply with quote

i dunno , but the same hairspray it looks like that white rain stuff.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 10:19 am    Post subject: Anyone here hate Pantera Reply with quote

Hairspray alone does not make someone "glam." EVERYONE used harispray and tased their hair in the mid-80's. So what? A lot of non-glam bands & artists started wearing more stylish clothing and styled their hair in the mid-80's. Pantera's 80's music was like the Heaviest stuff from Motley Crue and Def Leppard, with just a little Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, and Metallica thrown in. Not bad, not bad at all.
MartinPopoffSucks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 1:40 pm    Post subject: Anyone here hate Pantera Reply with quote

ERIK - i am on your side dude. i see where you are coming from. i think the whole "glam - hairband" label thing is ridiculous too.
ROCK ON
Lars37

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 4:29 pm    Post subject: Anyone here hate Pantera Reply with quote

Just basically repeating what almost everyone has said ( minus the 3 Stooges ),
Pantera started out as a kinda sorta darn-near, missed-it-by-THAT-much, borderline hair band, then got good with CFH, reached perfection in my eyes with Vulgar Display, slipped a little with ...Driven, then slid with the last two.
I'm not really into them much anymore, but I still love Vulgar Display - that's in my all-time Top 10.

NP: Bullet Ride - In Flames
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 5:24 pm    Post subject: Anyone here hate Pantera Reply with quote

MPS - did you hear something??
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 5:39 pm    Post subject: Anyone here hate Pantera Reply with quote

"Looks like Phil's role model was Bret Michaels back in the day. I wonder what brand of lipstick he used?"

Looks more like Axl, to me...(is GnR a glam band?)

Never saw Poison wearin' any 'Megadeth' shirts, either. I think Mustaine, woulda hired some killers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: