HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Disappointments...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 1:53 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Hi folks - some more album reviews from yours truly - man i really have been picking up some average stuff lately - glad i'm not shelling out any loot for em...

SCORPIONS - Eye II Eye: WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON IN THE SCORPIONS CAMP?? I mean everybody knows i am a Hard Rock / AOR fanatic but this doesn't even fit into THAT category! This is a POP album!! I realise there may be some chumps out there who will say "Scorpions haven't released anything decent since Blackout" and of course that's a ludicrous statement - but this album lacks everything 80's Scorpions ruled at! No Hooks - Hardly any solos - drum machines - very few rockers - WHAT THE HELL ARE KLAUS & CO. THINKING?? Is this what we expect from Scorpions in the 00's? Well i ain't buying into it - KLAUS WHERE'S THE ROCK???
4.5 out of 10 (good production)

BUDGIE - We Came,We Saw(2 LIVE cd set 1980 and 1982): Well, after reading about these guys for years and hearing Martin Popoff rattle on like these guys were practically the best band of the 70's , i was anxious to pop this in the player and expect greatness. I was disappointed. Yeh sure it has that raw rock n roll feel that most trios had in the 70's but it annoyed me , kind of like Nirvana did when i first heard them. Fair enough the vocals and guitar playing puts NOBRAIN to shame but this had an annoying dynamic-less barrage of noise to it. There was also a distinct lack of hook in the songs. I can't even remember one "chorus" while i'm sitting here. I'm not saying these guys sucked , it's just that i've heard much better. Martin - for you to give Triumph 0's and Budgie 8's and 9's is absolutely hysterical. Comparison? Triumph has better vocals , better songs , hook , better musicians , dynamics - i guess that would mean EVERYTHING!! Sorry Martin but you have failed on a Triumphant scale....
4 out of 10

SLIPKNOT (the album that came out last year): So this is the band all the kids are raging about. I can see why - it has everything an American kid wants in music today... F word every 3 seconds - hate - fuc= everybody attitude - a dude yelling uncontrollably how much the world sucks. What a great marketing tool!! Actual quote from track 4: "Fukk it all , Fukk the world , Fukk everything you stand for....it's all sh=t , don't you fuc=ing judge me".
Doesn't that sound fun , exciting, thrilling, positive???
When will these pieces of sh=t realise that kids are listening to it and BELIEVING IT!?
As an artist you have a responsibility to set an example - to be a positive role model for these kids walking around hating life and living in a culture of darkness. I have NEVER been an advocate for censorship but this shyte + rap needs some kind of control (parents perhaps???).
Anyways - enough of my ranting - i am disgusted by these proprietors of hate and will stick to METAL with meaning and positivity.
4 out of 10 (for some good musical originality)

p.s. Of all the bands i have ever heard - Slipknot wins for being the most pissed off.
Hey guys - ever heard of prozac?? You gotta record deal, why are you so angry??
Something Wicked

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:24 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

I have to agree with you on Slipknot.
Depp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 4:15 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

You must have been living in a box since you waste time on slipknot. Everybody knows what they are at....

[This message has been edited by Depp (edited 09-21-2000).]
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 5:32 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

No Depp - i am just open minded enough to try out new music....
Paul G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 5:52 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

I agree 100% with you on Slipknot, they are without a doubt one of the MOST negative bands ever and a horrible influence on the kids. There it's official I've become my father. This topic can be discussed ad nauseum but what the hell along with the new Soulfly I'd file these two under G for garbage.
The Sledge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 7:19 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

GO8,

A shame to hear that about the Scorps! Man those guys rocked! Ecspecially live. Those guys blew MOST bands away at shows. A lot of energy. Tho they did start going down since about '88/90, I thought for sure they would rebound.

This thing with toning-down and "trying" to sell records is really killing music (Heavy Metal the most). Sure they need to sell records to pay the mortgage and all, but c'mon, who's going to buy this stuff and for how long?
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:38 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

I agree, Slipknot blows monkey balls, but I don't necessarily agree about the whole role model thing. Since when did a musician have to set a good exapmle? Ozzy? Blackie Lawless? Pretty much 80% of metal sets a bad example, its part of metal, k'know sex/drugs/rock and roll.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care either way what a musician does, as long as their music is good.
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 1:56 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Metal1 - I USED to think that way until all this "hate" metal started coming out. I mean Blackie Lawless & Ozzy were drunks and a little scary but not purveyors of HATE.
Anyone in the spotlight , whether sports , movies , media, music should realise that they are in the public eye and have a responsibility to kids who look up to them.
Jesus - these kids NEED a positive influence - can't ANYONE see that??
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 2:20 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Thats true, Ozzy and Blackie didn't talk about hate that much (except maybe the whole KFD album.) Songs about have been around for a long time. Admittedly, if I had a kid in the 80's, I would be a little wary about them listening to WASP "F#&k like a Beast", but I do agree that these new "hate bands" flat out su-hu-huck.

PS. What's the deal with Godsmack? Can that goofy singer repeat "go away" 5000 more times in one song?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: