HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goatsnake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 5:13 pm    Post subject: Goatsnake Reply with quote

Anybody here, besides freeride & myself, jam to these guys?
I have the cd "I", and it's gotta be one of the best cds I've picked up in a long time! They are tuned down to "A", which reminds me of the death metal sound somewhat, however they have clear vocals. No growling. I've had this cd for a couple of months now and I can't seem to take it out of the cd player. I usually don't use the word "awesome", however...
5 stars all the way.

The new one should be coming out sometime this month too. I for one can't wait.
brianscriv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 9:59 pm    Post subject: Goatsnake Reply with quote

I got Goatsnake "I" same time as Las Cruces "Ringmaster" and have to say I like Las Cruces alot better. Im more into the doom part of stoner rock than the stoner sludge that Goatsnake has. But there are a few cool songs on "I" such as "Slippin' The Stealth", which has a really catchy chorus.
Flarpo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 2:09 am    Post subject: Goatsnake Reply with quote

I have a couple mp3s from the stoner rock site,seen they have 3 cds in the Century Media catalog.have you guys heard the DOG DAYS EP?the other is a split cd with Burning Witch,never heard of the later.
Acca Dacca

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 8:39 am    Post subject: Goatsnake Reply with quote

I jam to these guys, big time. I have "1" and Dog Days (both on vinyl), plus the Man of Light 7". It's great stuff.
freeride

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 10:52 am    Post subject: Goatsnake Reply with quote

Yeah Hippyblood, Goatsnake is a great band. The vocalist can really sing his ass off. Also, in response to something you said a while back, I think Godsmack is real cool too. I don't give a F*#k what anybody else thinks. It's good Rock And Roll. Stay Heavy.
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 5:21 pm    Post subject: Goatsnake Reply with quote

Ah, where to start...
[b]Las Cruces[/b] - I've heard 3 different mp3's from them, one being an Iron Maiden cover off of the Slave to the Power cd, and I really like them too. Haven't picked up a cd yet although it's on the "list".
[b]Burning Witch[/b] - HAD 1 mp3 from them and didn't like it at all. However, 1 mp3 isn't really enough for me to judge them by, so I'll leave the verdict open on them.
[b]Godsmack[/b] - I picked their cd up early and was jammin it even before it hit the mainstream. Got lucky and saw them in a small club (with my buds Loudmouth [R.I.P.] opening) and they rocked live. Great sound, extended jams, and a lot of energy. It was a kickass show. ...Can't handle Voodoo though.

And since we're talkin about the good stuff, anybody been jammin any [b]Datura[/b]? A kickass band outta New Zealand. Again, I only have a couple of mp3's from them at the moment, but they do sound good. I'm gonna pick up a cd as soon as I can get my grubby little paws on one. Same goes for [b]Fluid[/b], now known as [b]Fluid4[/b] out of Germany. I like this band a lot too.

Hey, what do you know, mp3's sell albums. DUH!!

Keep on rockin....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: