HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autoblast
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 9:33 pm    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Anyone ever hear of a band named Autoblast or a song by the same name. When I lived in LA there was a metal show on saturday night for like 4 hours, used to play all kinds of stuff, back in 83-85. I remember one song from Autoblast which was selftitled. The song kicked but, I guess it would have been kinda speed metal at the time. Any info?
anamal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 7:11 am    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Nitro4040, i know that Black n Blue have that song on their first s/t release and i think it was around the same time frame you are talking about, hope this info is helpful to you.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 9:40 am    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

hmmm, interesting.. I did not think it was Black n Blue but you may be right. May have to check that out.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 9:58 am    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

It definately is Black and Blue with "Autoblast". It's one of my favorites. I remember being in a record store just out to get something - anything. I saw the cover of this tape and it looked cool, with a cool band name, so I picked it up without even knowing if they rocked or not. They did not disappoint. Their second releaase "Without Love" was good too. Never got anything else after that. Did you all know that the lead singer for Black and Blue, Jaimie St. James, is now Paul Stanley in "Cold Gin", the KISS tribute band?

EXCITER
anamal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 10:07 am    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

You guys ever try to purchase the back catalog of BLACK N BLUE on disc, the prices for `em are outragous up to 125$ a piece, i cant understand why Tommy Thayer doesnt re-release the back catalog, the demand for them is tremendous, he would make a killing, i`ve read he has the rights to them, also he has his own record company .whats your take on this??????
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 10:54 am    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

I've managed to get the debut and "Nasty Nasty" on disc. I love the band but don't want to pay over a hundered for "Without Love." I just plopped down more than I ever spent on a disc before for a copy of his "Shake the Faith" cd.

I don't know why Tommy doesn't release them (if he owns the rights). I used to know him back in the day; interviewed Black n Blue many times. Did stories on his first post-BnB band, the brilliant American Man. Even roadied for the band one night. (the band broke up when bassist/lead vocalist Todd Jensen joined David Lee Roth). He was one of the nicest guys I ever met in the business. I heard he had a band called "Number 9" that signed with a major and recorded an album. He left the band before the record could come out and it was shelved.

Also, I know that Tommy was in "Cold Gin," but didn't know Jamie was in there. Oh, one more Tommy rumor -- as you know, he is buds with Gene Simmons and has written some somgs for Kiss. Rumor had it that the Kiss guys were so burnt out that they had Tommy do most of the guitars on "Hot in the Shade." Just a rumor I heard from a guy who knows a guy.

While I'm rambling, every day on my way home from work I pass the old "Key Largo" (now "Ohm") (now owned by Dan Reed of Dan Reed Network fame) where the Black n Blue live album was recorded.

Anyway, I love Black n Blue. And they most definitely did "Autoblast."
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 6:12 pm    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

I got curious and hunted around. Tommy and his bother have a label Eon Records based here in Portland. They put out the "One Night Live" disc. They also are scheduled to put out the new Generator, but since the band signed a major deal, who knows if it will come out. They also have Dan Reed's "G-13."

Tommy served as road manager for the last two Kiss tours.

I'm gonna cruise home and blast some "Wicked Bitch."
anamal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 11:31 pm    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

DTFM, I was lucky enough to get all the back catalog while they were still accessible ,i got them all for around 30$ a pop,also Shake the Faith (what a killer Disc), try to find them now and you`d have to take out a 2nd mortage on the house to get them all ,even for a burnt copy people are asking 30$, also i love BLACK N BLUE .
DTFM, i you need ,i will burn you a copy of without love,let me know

[This message has been edited by anamal (edited 09-15-1999).]
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 2:33 am    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Yes, indeed, Tommy Thayer has been Kiss' road manager for some time. And yes, people come up and CONSTANTLY ask about the reissues. The scoop that I heard is that he has been planning it for some time now, but the Kiss tour schedule has prevented it. In all likelihood, however, the catalog should be available in 2000 with or without the help of Gene Simmons in releasing it. Oh, for those who wanna know, B&B released 4 albums:

Black and Blue
Without Love
Nasty Nasty
In Heat

And I got em all on LP for 26 bucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: