HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWOBHM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d_l_martyr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 7:18 am    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Okay, sorry to be a total infant here but, being as I was urr... -2yrs in 1979, I've not got a clue of what NWOBHM actually is??? I have my suspicions but I'm not gonna say anything as they're most likely wrong!!

Sim
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 7:51 am    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Does Witch Finder General qualify for NWOBHM - I don't remember where they were from? Well i guess it does because Crusader listed them too. I'm feeling a little blonde today.

[This message has been edited by HeatherMetal (edited 09-29-1999).]
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 10:26 am    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

All this talk inspired me to put on the "79 Revisited" compilation last night (and I forgot my copy was signed by its compiler, Lars "I was never metal" Ulrich). What great stuff. That 6 or 7 cd Neat compilation is going to be essential.

By the say, HardRocker and Scorchin', why don't you guys participate more in the discussions? Or do you under psuedonyms? Hmmmmmmm.

[This message has been edited by DeathtofalseMetal (edited 09-29-1999).]
Coda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 1:57 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Crusader> Cool man! Most people don't agree with me on that either. Bruce was good but d'ianno had way more attiude. The only d'ianno album I have is Maiden Japan and it rocks hard!!

Anyone know where I can find some mp3's of old NWOBHM bands?
QuantumRocker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 3:06 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Right on!!! Paul d'ianno made Maiden a unique and gave an awesome sound. I remember coming home from school and playing my bass to all those albums [i](1st up to Powerslave)[/i].

One other excellent band that played some incredible stuff in that era is a band from UK called Budgie. One of my favorite songs by them is "Crash course in Brain Surgery" from the album "In for the kill"(1974). Check them out on ebay if you want to find some albums for sale. They're like a Metallica/Rush fusion in the 70's.

By the way, I recently got the Iron Maiden tribute album - "A Call To Arms", and a lot of the bands covering the tunes destroyed the melodic vocals by trying to sound like an undead zombie, but the music is excellent.
[img]http://members.aol.com/shel04/bc.jpg[/img]

[This message has been edited by QuantumRocker (edited 09-29-1999).]
Batman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 7:10 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

I sure would like to get a copy of the NWOBHM " 79 revisited". Anybody know where I can get a copy?

Hey QuantamRocker, Is that a new B.C Rich Kerry King Guitar? It sure looks like the one he's been playing on tour. I'm not really up on my guitars, but I do know that Kerry King just recently switched back to B.C. Rich after playing a Jackson for years.

[img]http://diabolus.net/Art/slaylog.gif[/img]
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 7:33 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Batman:

Get on the bat-computer and try [url=http://metalblade.iuma.com/]http://metalblade.iuma.com/[/url]

Look under "catalog" then "various" and you'll find the two-disc set listed for $14. You can order it directly from them (assuming they have it in stock).

It's worth every penny!!!!!
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 11:48 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Sim, you are from the country which spawned the NWOBHM and you don't know it?? It's ok. FYI, the above is an anagram for New Wave of British Heavy Metal, a grand movement which spread through the pubs of Jolly Ol' between 1979 and 1982 or 83. Its short run resulted in some of metal's most important names: Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Saxon and a host of lesser-known but equally riveting bands. In addition to the initial British scene, it re-energized the stagnant American scene as well, resulting in the incredible vitality of bands as varied as Riot and Metallica. All in all, it was one of the most important times in metal history.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 9:42 am    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

The new wave of British metal... ahh yes.. some good stuff, but lets not forget the american band that kicked major A around that time too, that would be RIOT!

As for Dianno being better then Bruce, well, go have a listen to Maiden Japan, or take a gander at the video on the enhanced Killers cd. This guy sounds like crap live and on the video sings entirely different lyrics. Me thinks this ****ed Steve off a bit.. I love Killers and Iron Maiden, but to say he is better, I dont know, different yes, but perhaps not better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: