HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anthrax surprise announcement?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OverMuch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 4:08 am    Post subject: Anthrax surprise announcement? Reply with quote

Agreed, NotMan.

Bush IS the better vocalist, but his style never really meshed with the style of the band I dug...a band that didn't take themselves so seriously, had fun, and played their asses off live. It seems since Joey was booted, Anthrax stopped being fun to listen to.

Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 5:41 am    Post subject: Anthrax surprise announcement? Reply with quote

I also noticed Anthrax did a cover for the UFO tribute album, along with Maiden and Scorpions.
Batman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 1:06 pm    Post subject: Anthrax surprise announcement? Reply with quote

I agree with Overmuch and Not Man. I'm not a big fan of Anthrax, But John Bush Belongs in only one band, and that's Armored Saint!

"Hello Cleveland! Are you ready? Will you please welcome from Los Angeles, California,
ARMORED SAINT!!"
Not Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 5:55 pm    Post subject: Anthrax surprise announcement? Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Korn or Limp Bizkit, But when [b]Anthrax[/b] did "I'm the Man" and "Bring the noise" I thought that was pretty cool. I might be a little biased [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/redface.gif[/img]

Agreed Overmuch I also think they are trying to hard now.

Hey guys lighten up a little and have fun........ again!

C-YA
[img]http://members.tripod.com/~BBDDANDCO/notman.GIF[/img]

nafnikufesin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 1999 11:09 pm    Post subject: Anthrax surprise announcement? Reply with quote

I would like to think that whatever John said about a "suprise announcement" would only be good news, not rumors of various members leaving.

Anthrax was cool with Joey, but with John they are simply awesome, and the three albums with John on vocals are easily my choice the the top 3 albums released in this decade.

I hope they continue producing music of this caliber for decades to come.

As metal has receded into relative obscurity in the 90's, they are one of the few bands that has remained untouched by the "alternative" crap invasion (which is fortunately dying the painful death it deserves).
OverMuch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 3:12 am    Post subject: Anthrax surprise announcement? Reply with quote

I don't know about that, nafnikufesin. I thought a good 2/3 of "Sound of White Noise" sounded like a Soundgarden album....

Hmmm...used the word "sound" a lot in that last sentence...
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 3:25 am    Post subject: Anthrax surprise announcement? Reply with quote

Hey it does actually sound like them. But Black lodge captures discontent and denial better then any song I can think of.
OverMuch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 5:11 am    Post subject: Anthrax surprise announcement? Reply with quote

Fatal: Did you mean "Hey, it does sound like Soundgarden" or "Hey, it does sound like Anthrax"?

I'm not sure which you mean. :-)
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 7:01 am    Post subject: Anthrax surprise announcement? Reply with quote

Exactly Overmuch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: