HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NIN "The Fragile"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 6:00 am    Post subject: NIN "The Fragile" Reply with quote

It's out there now so what do you think. After 1 full uninterrupted spin at 100+ minutes I think it's damn near brilliant. It seems that Trent has pulled back a little and is trying to mainstream the NIN sound just a touch but in a good way. This is one CD'(s) that demands your attention. Not once did I contemplate pressing the >> button on any of the tracks. Like Type O Negative, NIN has a sound which takes you into another little world, sometimes twisted and bizarre but always interesting. Definately a Top 10 for the year and a listening project to boot since there is so much going on within each of the songs.
EpicFNM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 1999 12:13 am    Post subject: NIN "The Fragile" Reply with quote

I also love the new NIN. Trent has a way of arranging his songs so well. I think it's one of the best albums of the last couple of years. It is good to see mainstream rock come out with something worth buying in this era.
zombie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 1999 8:39 am    Post subject: NIN "The Fragile" Reply with quote

Just saw the video for " we are all in this together" or something like that. I never was much of a fan, but that song is pretty good. did not pay much attention to the video
it started off way to boring. I'm gonna steal the cD for a listen from my nephew. He is a hugh fan. Can't get him into Metal no matter how hard I try.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 7:01 pm    Post subject: NIN "The Fragile" Reply with quote

I heard a few tracks from the new NIN album today, and quite liked what I heard. The industrial/electronic/metallic sound sets a nice, creepy mood and the lyrics send your mind spinning. It's very profound and experimental, yet it's also polished. You can either engage in relentless self-examination to it or dance to it, and that's a plus in my book.

Spirit

[img]http://www.alicecoopershow.com/images/atticani.gif[/img]
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 10:15 am    Post subject: NIN "The Fragile" Reply with quote

I love this cd!!! So dark and twisted! But, am I the only one who is in shock about the single "We're in this together"? This is a LOVE SONG from Trent that does not need to be edited in order to recieve radio play! A CLEAN LOVE SONG FROM TRENT!!!! My life is now complete, Hell has frozen over, and pigs CAN fly!!
(The Love-of-my-Life and I have kinda picked this to be "our" song....just what does this say about our relationship??? Should I be afraid? Should I share what I am smoking???)
gumbosin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 5:31 pm    Post subject: NIN "The Fragile" Reply with quote

Bought the new NIN and Type O on the same day they both came out and both are KILLER!!! Both bands capture a unique sound and vibe from their music, setting each apart from the rest of the she-ite. Reznor has redeemed himself from his twosome with Halford and is on the right track. The new video is pretty cool; conformist images & isolation is a ripe vein for marketing this two-CD beast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: