HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You always remember your first...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 4:24 pm    Post subject: You always remember your first... Reply with quote

Lets take a walk down memory lane (if the path is still there!). How about some rock -n- roll firsts in your lives. Post anything.
Mine:
[b]1st album:[/b] Black Sabbath - Paranoid
[b]1st 8 track(!):[/b] Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous
[b]1st CD:[/b] Exodus - Good Friendly Violent Fun
[b]1st encounter with the law:[/b] Speeding ticket while jamming AC/DC High Voltage (8 track).
[b]1st Concert:[/b] (this is where it gets ugly!): Loverboy (w/opening act Prism)at the Notre Dame ACC. My parents weren't into the concert thing. They thought there were probably [i]drugs[/i] at concerts, so it took me a while to get to one!

Your turn!

[This message has been edited by Hippyblood (edited 09-23-1999).]
Not Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 5:20 pm    Post subject: You always remember your first... Reply with quote

1st album I bought- [b]RUSH[/b]- Caress of steel
1st album given to me- Kiss- Double Platinum

1st CD- Ozzy- Diary of a Madman (Still one of my favorites)

1st concert- Bon Jovi w/ Cinderella

C-YA
[img]http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Birdland/4870/pent_12_.gif[/ img]

[This message has been edited by Not Man (edited 09-23-1999).]
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 5:34 pm    Post subject: You always remember your first... Reply with quote

1st LP: Kiss Alive 2
1st CD: Some geek gave me Bon Jovi's 7800 farenheit, Yuck!!
1st Concert: a triple bill, Krokus, Saxon and Cheap Trick. "One of these things, is not like the others......"
1st Puker: Blackberry Brandy.....still won't drink that junk again.
1st time with my (then) virgin girlfriend: Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest on the turntable. :-o (naughty, naughty I know, -SLAP!- "Bad Night-Breed!")
1st Guitar: a korean built strat copy that was so cheap it didn't have a truss rod and the neck warped into a funny boomerang kinda shape.
1st Conviction: Haven't gotten caught yet!!
1st time the cops told me to turn the music down: about age 15, that would've been around the "Number of the Beast" era.

[This message has been edited by Night-Breed (edited 09-23-1999).]
nitro4040

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 6:07 pm    Post subject: You always remember your first... Reply with quote

1st album - ktel hits, I remember one had Redbone - come and get your love, and another had Tony Orlando and Dawn..

1st Rock Album - Eagles Long Run

1st Hard Rock - Van Halen Fair Warning

1st brush with law - ahhh , well, that depends... first time caught, how bout that.. as the cops said, caught you with that wacky tobaccki

1st concert - Rush w/FM Moving Pictures tour

1st Puke - about 10 -12 Henry Weinhards, bottle numbers were in the 50's then...

Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 6:10 pm    Post subject: You always remember your first... Reply with quote

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same
Judas Priest: Sad Wings / Sin after Sin on a 2 for $6.99 purchase in 1983. Almost bought Screaming but figured that the 2 for 1 deal was better and I was right!
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 6:43 pm    Post subject: You always remember your first... Reply with quote

First rock record: Kiss Alive II
First CD: Y&T "In Rock . . . "
Brush with the law: Chased by the cops in jr. high for joy riding heavy equipment at the quarry near my house. My older brother took me along!
Concert: Cheap Trick w/ UFO, Boston Garden.
Puker: 8th grade; vodka
First "rock stars" I met: Brian Johnson and Cliff Williams of AC/DC on the "For those about to rock" tour. They were on my plane flying to Hawaii. Talked with them for a bit at the airport and had my pic. taken.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 7:50 pm    Post subject: You always remember your first... Reply with quote

I'm still going forwards on Memory Lane, but I've had my firsts.

First Album: Superunknown -- Soundgarden
First Encounter with the Law: At my 8th grade graduation party, the cops came twice and told us to turn down the music. *laugh* Served 'em right; the music was a bunch of pop cr*p but what else was I going to do on a free evening? Hmph.
First Kiss: 9th grade, playing Truth or Dare...hey, I wanted to find out what it was like.
First Tube of Creepy Lipstick: Beginning of 9th grade.
First Pair of Combat Boots: Ditto above...and I'm wearing 'em right now.
First Drink: I was _quite_ young...what can I say; I've got very permissive and open-minded parents. Never been drunk, though...thank god.

Spirit

[This message has been edited by SpiritOnParole (edited 09-23-1999).]
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 8:05 pm    Post subject: You always remember your first... Reply with quote

1st album: Pat Benatar - Crimes of Passion

1st hard rock album: Van Halen - Van Halen

1st cd: Whitesnake

1st concert: Accept, Helix, and Keel at Charlotte Park Center, August 9, 1985

1st run in with law: Got caught underage drinking a fifth of Jim Beam (I was 17) and when the cop started yelling at me for being a f*ckup, I turned the stereo up in my car...needless to say, he didn't like that too much and hauled me away. Lifes lessons learned the hard way. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

1st puke: 15 years old, drank half a pint of Jim Beam and threw up on mom's living room carpet. I still catch hell for that, 14 years later.

Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 8:17 pm    Post subject: You always remember your first... Reply with quote

1st concert - Triumph in Syracuse, NY
1st album - Queen, Night at the Opera
1st cd - Led Zeppelin, Physical Graffiti
1st puke - Not going there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: