HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro4040

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 10:02 am    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Rob should give Wolf Hoffman a call. That would be a awesome combination and one metal fans would drool over.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 6:27 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Im afraid you side to much with Rob, Bedorust. How do you know that it was priest's fault? And why do you feel the need to defend everything that Rob does? I like Megadeth quite alot but im not going to tell you that "Risk" is just an experiment and is really quite alright. maybe someone whose really into a band can identify with any of their stuff, but it doesnt mean its good.

And why doesnt the Halford dude reform fight? that was actually a kindof cool band. He keeps switching bands around its so damn annoying. I dont agree with woosta though i dont think he would try rap just to be popular. industrial and metal have similarities in some ways and i could see him wanting to try some other stuff. as long as he returns to metal eventually... I also wonder why you people are always getting so pised over rob and others doing this stuff. you feel so insulted. but i dont see why you take it so personally, i mean there are lots of jerks who play good music and lots of nice guys who cant play their instruments worth anything.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 11:21 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

I'm glad Halford appears to be heading back to doing what he does best. You gotta dance with the one that brung ya. I have no problem with Halford's "experiments." I didn't think they were very good, but I can understand after so long in Priest that he'd want to branch out a bit. While experimenting is all well and good, it often doesn't pay the bills or fill the halls.

I can see it now ala Bruce Bruce (um, Bruce Dickinson -- I can't shake his old Samson moniker). Halford does a back to his roots style heavy metal album. Starts putting out better product than his former band, who limp aimlessly with a new vocalist. Pretty soon they re-team up and Priest is back.

I can dream.
BedOfRust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 11:35 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

I'll bet any amount that Rob will never get back with Priest. Unlike Bruce's break from Maiden, there is too much bad blood between Rob and the Priest camp. (Thanks to lies and misunderstandings, mostly on the Priest side.)
BedOfRust

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 9:44 am    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

I must admit that I side with Rob because I've heard his side first hand (through his posts on his site). I could look for his explanation of what happened and post it here if anyone is interested.
woosta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 1:15 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Why do I take it personally? First, I've never been a big JP fan. However, when Rob leaves metal claiming that it is devoid of creativity and nothing good is going to happen in this genre again, he slaps me right in the face because I still have pride in the music. There are at least 150 bands that are putting out better product on a consistent basis than priest ever did. He slaps them in the face, and worst of all, he knows they're out there fighting the fight to make a living in a genre that is constantly dumped on. I (along with many others) go out to the shows, buy the cds, wear the shirts, buy the merchandise, and take the $hit and ridicule from the population at large for doing so. When he degrades the genre that made him who is he, he degrades me and everyone else who helped....that, I resent. Should he be allowed to spread his wings? sure. But don't take pot-shots on the way out the door cuz you're a miserable pr!ck. It's like someone else said: "you gotta stay with who brought you to the dance". Rob, however, punched her in the face, bum-f**cked her, and now tries to pick her back up and apologize so she'll keep dancing with him. If that's what YOU want to pay for and support, then more power to you. Count me out.
Batman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 2:24 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

I have to side with Woosta. I remember about a year and a half ago when Rob came out of the closet on Mtv, he was quoted as saying "Heavy Metal is dead to me" I guess since there is a very small resurgence in Metal and his other "experiments" flopped, he's gonna give metal another try. Don't get me wrong, I am a big Judas Priest fan and I still think Rob has the best Metal singing voice of all time, but he, like many others turned his back on metal and I am a little insulted! I will however, give his new stuff a listen and I hope it's good.
BedOfRust

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 3:40 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Perhaps a good indication of what the new CD will sound like is by looking at what Rob has
posted as what he's currently listening to:

quote:

TOOL-AENIMA
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE-EVIL EMPIRE
BLACK SABBATH-WE SOLD OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL
CRADLE OF FILTH-CRUELTY AND THE BEAST-VEMPIRE
DIMMI BIRGUR-SPIRITUAL BLACK DIMENSIONS
EMPEROR-NINTH EQUILIBRIEUM
METALLICA-JUSTICE FOR ALL
DEFTONES-AROUND THE FUR
SEVENDUST-HOME
PANTERA-FAR BEYOND DRIVEN
JUDAS PRIEST-PAINKILLER
KORN-FOLLOW THE LEADER
QUEEN-QUEEN 2
MACHINE HEAD-THE BURNING RED
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:07 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

If your right Bed, then his new album will probably sound alot like Fight which is what i think he should go back to anyways. Fight was pretty cool. The only album i have is mutations but all the songs on that one rock especially war of words and immortal sin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: