HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solace & Iced Earth question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Sledge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 9:28 pm    Post subject: Solace & Iced Earth question Reply with quote

Thanks to Hardradio here, two songs have caught my attention and now it's been too long and I've got to get them!

Solace "Whistle Pig" I think is great. It was featured in 'Hard Music' here.

Also, I heard Iced Earth "Melancholly" (sp?) playing one time. Excellent song. I haven't heard/seen it again tho!

Anyone care to post the albums these songs are on. If they are a little hard to find, please let me know where to find them.

NP: Pantera-This Love (live) on HR
Bill_amcns

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 9:50 pm    Post subject: Solace & Iced Earth question Reply with quote

Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes , track number 2 is Melancholy(Holy Martyr)

Sorry I dont know the other one but you can find out on the cdnow website.
FlashrockinMan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 10:10 pm    Post subject: Solace & Iced Earth question Reply with quote

The Iced Earth cd should also be availabe from their label centurymedia.com
sorry, no info on Whistle Pig, either.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 12:17 am    Post subject: Solace & Iced Earth question Reply with quote

Sledge, if you liked "Melancholy", RUN DO NOT WALK to your nearest music store and get _Something Wicked This Way Comes_. Iced Earth at their awesomest, with some of the most impassioned vocals (courtesy of Matthew Barlow) I've ever heard in a metal band.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 5:57 am    Post subject: Solace & Iced Earth question Reply with quote

Check out the Solace interview in the HardViews section to find out more about them....
freeride

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 10:22 am    Post subject: Solace & Iced Earth question Reply with quote

Solace's CD FURTHER Rules! Buy it today!
The Sledge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 4:20 pm    Post subject: Solace & Iced Earth question Reply with quote

Thanks guys! "Something Wicked..." I'm sure will have a couple other tunes I'll like. With the type of stuff that's being put out these days, I don't expect to like the entire album. Their other stuff I've heard didn't really do much for me. But like I always say, all it takes is one song. Perhaps this one song will open my mind (and ears) a little wider.

"Further" I am very excited to hear. Guitars that are the core of a song...now that is my kind of Heavy Metal!! The vox are darn good also. I didn't see the interview (that was mentioned)in the past?...I will look for it tho. Seeing that this band is completely new to me, any and all info is helpful. Thanks.

NP: Iommi-Time Is Mine (on HR)
Acca Dacca

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 4:37 pm    Post subject: Solace & Iced Earth question Reply with quote

Click the link below, the have both the CD and vinyl versions of "Further" by Solace. The vinyl version is cheaper, sounds better, and has two bonus tracks. I've seen them live 3 times, and they are many, many times better than they are on the album, and that says alot.
[url=http://www.meteorcity.com/affiliate.cgi?ID=captbeyond]http://www. meteorcity.com/affiliate.cgi?ID=captbeyond[/url]
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 5:19 pm    Post subject: Solace & Iced Earth question Reply with quote

...and if you really want a treat, pick up the Solace/Solarized split cd called "Jersey Devils". It's excellent! Solarized really rocks on this one too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: