HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Children of Corn....er, Bodom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 5:27 am    Post subject: Children of Corn....er, Bodom Reply with quote

I just got "Hatebreeder" this week and was amazed by how good it is. But I keep wondering, exactly which genre are they in? Or are they one of those bands that defies labelling?
The heavy keyboard use and vocal style reminds me of black metal, but they don't have satanic lyrics (at least none that I've found, and if you know better don't tell me, I'm blissfully ignorant), which of course would be very unusual for a black metal band.
And does anyone know of any bands that have a similar sound to CoB?
Paul G

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 5:45 am    Post subject: Children of Corn....er, Bodom Reply with quote

COB is definately unique in the genre, a shredding black/death metal band that can really play. I said earlier this year that this group has potential for crossover due to their great playing and unique sound, the vocals are usually what turn people off this genre but with some conditioning you'll get used to it. Anyone remember hearing Geddy Lee/Lemmy or Billy Corgan for the first time.

Is there anyone else outhere like them, not to my knowledge but I would highly recommend you check out Emperor IX Equilibrium (will very likely win album of the year in every "true" metal magazine year end roundups) and the upcoming Opeth & Satyricon CD's which are getting raves also.

Not Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 4:53 pm    Post subject: Children of Corn....er, Bodom Reply with quote

quote[quote]Anyone remember hearing Geddy Lee.........for the first time.[/quote]

Yeah......So?

No worse than Axel's whiny voice [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

C-YA
[img]http://socr.uwindsor.ca/~rzlotnik/rstar.gif[/img]
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 6:37 pm    Post subject: Children of Corn....er, Bodom Reply with quote

Got the new Opeth...heh heh.

Bodom is barely black metal...too many factors toss it out. The keyboards are more akin to Malmsteen-style or prog, the guitar lines to those of the German speed bands like Helloween. In any case, they still rule!
Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 9:05 pm    Post subject: Children of Corn....er, Bodom Reply with quote

Paul G:

Thanks for the suggestions. Already have Emperor, but I'll check the others out. I've got Opeth's last one, and I do believe that their vocalist is my favorite death-style vocalist. Sounds very intense. Also sounds like he has a sinus infection, but it fits the music and that's what's important.
Paul G

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 5:31 am    Post subject: Children of Corn....er, Bodom Reply with quote

Not Man,

Don't get me wrong I LOVE RUSH up to & including Signals + Different Stages is one my fave all-time live CD's. You have to admit that Geddy's voice was very unique at the time, not bad just very different from the norm.
Not Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 4:42 pm    Post subject: Children of Corn....er, Bodom Reply with quote

>>>Paul G,

That's cool. I'm in the same boat as you concerning their material. Yeah his voice is definitely different, but I think that's what made them stand out......along with Neil's powerhouse skin bashing. [img]http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7619/neil13.jpg[/img]

C-YA
[img]http://socr.uwindsor.ca/~rzlotnik/rstar.gif[/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: