HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slent Lucidity meanderings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MetalRider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2000 11:30 pm    Post subject: Slent Lucidity meanderings Reply with quote

Hey all. Having just gotten Empire for Christmas, and really listening to Silent Lucidity, would anybody agree that this song has a sort of Pink Floyd feel to it? I think it does, not so much in the content of the lyrics, but more in the way they are delivered. Agree? Disagree?
Fredrik Nilsson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2000 12:03 am    Post subject: Slent Lucidity meanderings Reply with quote

I agree, Silent Lucidity has a certain Pink Floyd feel to it. Bits of it reminds me somewhat of the song Confortably Numb on Floyd's The Wall album. But I think their inspiration from Pink Floyd really shows on their next album, Promised Land. That album is almost built like a "typical" Floyd album from the 70's. Maybe that's why I enjoy that album so much...
In fact, Queensryche and Pink Floyd are both among my favourite bands, between the two of them were created two of the most brilliant concept albums of all time.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2000 9:00 am    Post subject: Slent Lucidity meanderings Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I don't think it even remotely resembles a Pink Floyd song!! I guess I don't know where ANY comparisons could be made, music, lyrics, lyric delivery, it just doesn't compare in my book. But I guess that is why music is so subjective.
briryche

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2000 9:41 am    Post subject: Slent Lucidity meanderings Reply with quote

TATE IS GOD
Metal1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 3:46 pm    Post subject: Slent Lucidity meanderings Reply with quote

I never heard it myself, I think the feel is totally different. When it came out, a lot of people said it sounded like Comfortably Numb. SL is more structured, just has a totally different vibe for me.
zombie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 2:28 pm    Post subject: Slent Lucidity meanderings Reply with quote

I would have to actually play that song again before voicing an opinion. I got the cd when it came out and I skip SL everytime it comes on. I don't remember what the song sounds like anymore.
Bill_amcns

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 4:18 pm    Post subject: Slent Lucidity meanderings Reply with quote

Thats funny Zombie, I did the same thing.....the song was getting radio play so heavily at the time, that I started to hate it. I still have it burned into my memory. My wife loved that song.....but hates ALL Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd was never one of my favorite bands either.
MetalRider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2001 12:17 am    Post subject: Slent Lucidity meanderings Reply with quote

I always used to change stations whenever any song by Pink Floyd came on, but then I really listend to Comfortably Numb one time, and there is some pretty good guitar buried off in there. They are too mellow for my usual tastes, but I respect them for their success and the following they have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: