HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new stuff!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredrik Nilsson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 5:49 am    Post subject: new stuff!! Reply with quote

Jake:

You bought some great albums, but how did Black & Blue and Def Leppard get the lowest scores? I consider those two albums among my all time favourites! And I really hate I'm a Rebel by Accept, how they wrote the excellent Breaker after that crap is beyond me....
Wasted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 6:41 am    Post subject: new stuff!! Reply with quote

Great list Jake for really cheap too!! I too would rank Triumph alot higher, but I may be bias because I have seen the live many times and not sure many shows topped theirs. Emmett on guitar would amaze you live, well back in the late 70's early 80's. Saw him recently on a solo performance which wasn't bad, but mostly acoustical.
Ogre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 6:49 am    Post subject: new stuff!! Reply with quote

Jake-- Out of curiousity, had you listened to _Pyromania_ in its entirety prior to obtaining the album recently?

I ask this question because I recently pulled this CD from the dusty area of the ol' CD collection and fired it up, only to be somewhat less dazzled than I had anticipated. Don't get me wrong, I still think it is a very good collection of songs, but I had remembered this CD as being one of the finest CDs of all time. Personally, I wondered how much my anticipation of a "dazzling" CD was due to nostalgia moreso than the quality of the album (this album came out when I was a junior in high school, I believe).

I am just curious if this was your first listen (and thus you would have a more unbiased view than I would) or if possibly you, too, were influenced by nostalgia in your evaluation of the record.

For what it is worth, I have never been that fond of _Hysteria_, but that is probably due more to my perception (at the time of its release) that Def Leppard "had turned its back upon the rock fans" in order to pursue the more lucrative pop market; also, I was in college at the time of this CD's release and every freakin' party I went to at the time had this album blaring! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] After awhile, it got really old hearing this album over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
AssaultAttack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 10:12 am    Post subject: new stuff!! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
[b]The Woodstock Jam in particular(16 minutes of different guitar effects. it really just sounds like it does when a band doesnt unplug after a show and the buzz is just constantly going). Still it's Satch, and Satch can only sink so low.[/b]

That kind of sound is an aquired taste. I think you have to have listened to a lot of Miles Davis (Bitches Brew era) and other early 70's Jazz fusion to understand it. Personally I think this is one of the better tracks on the cd...but then I love all that early fusion sh!t.

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
[b]Def Leppard: Pyromania. Man does this album blow![/b]

I agree(though my rating would be a lot lower)...as much as I liked it at the time I just can't stand it now. Time has not been kind to Def Leppard. If I never hear them again I'll be a happy man.

Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 5:30 pm    Post subject: new stuff!! Reply with quote

Date= bad production by todays standards, sounds old. Sounds weird. i guess it's hard to say exactly what dated means because im 10 years behind you, but i have to say that i dont think Deep Purple sounds nearly as dated as jethro Tull or the Molly Hatchet album.

Regarding Triumph, i like Rik Emmett, but i dont think that makes the albums stand out a huge amount. its like a said "i think you had to have been there" and i wasnt. and a 7 or 7.5 to me means solid, but not real good. Might grow on me though.

I've heard Photograph multiple times before and liked the feel to it. I figured the album as a whole would be smooth like Hysteria only without all the light poppiness. I really thought this could have been the best album. but i dont like it. Photograph, Too Late for Love, Die Hard the Hunter, and Foolin all have some parts i like or as wholes, but most of the album really just doesnt do much for me. Rock of Ages is kindof catchy, but its soooo stupid.
FALCON

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:02 pm    Post subject: new stuff!! Reply with quote

Hey Anamal...

Nice to see you again.. Give me a hollar.
I love the Tourniquet stuff very uncomprimising, stick to your guns metal, awesome ideas, very incredible musicians as always, I probably like crawl to china a bit more though. Microscopic returns to some of the 80's thrash sound which is real inviting.

What is the scoop on Every Mother's Nightmare, is that new stuff? Please review..

That guy from steelheart is incredible, gets some bad press it seems, but I love that heavier melodic hard rock and he sounds so good in the upper ranges, or jus simply grindin.. I've never picked up any of their post big label releases though...

New stuff I am high on:
Stuck Mojo_Declaration
Project 86_Drawing Black lines
Gardenian_Sindustries
Virgin Steele_House of Aetreus II
dogfacedgod

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2001 11:46 am    Post subject: new stuff!! Reply with quote

My recent additions:

Agent Steel-Omega Conspiracy
The Haunted-Made me do it
Soilwork-The Chainheart Machine
Night in Gales-Nailwork
Pink Floyd-The Wall
At the Gates-Slaughter of the soul
Pantera-Vulgar
Bill_amcns

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 12:23 am    Post subject: new stuff!! Reply with quote

Hey Falcon, good to see someone else mention Gardenian - Sindustries, this has quickly become one of my favorite cd's.

Anyone into the gothenburg sound will love this.

NP : Sentenced - Dead Moon Rising
BuckeyeMetal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 6:52 am    Post subject: new stuff!! Reply with quote

Atheist--Elements
Biohazard--State Of The World Address
Biohazard--Urban Discipline
Boston--Boston
Badlands--Badlands
Annihilator--Carnival Diablos
Emperor--Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: