HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 8:42 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

I dunno, based on the one I heard, Dani's voice more or less went witht the music. Sometimes a little too shrill, and he needs to learn to shut up every now and then and let it ride as an instrumental for a while, but then at some times his voice just fits perfect.

But trust me, it's a lot better than the alternative: goth vox (a term I made up). It's what most bands with music like this use. Either a female singing softly and slowly, or a guy whispering. Imagine that through a whole CD. Boring raised to the fifth power. Dani's voice helps give it a sinister edge, and his somewhat frantic vocal style seems to fit in with the frenzied parts where they are playing fast (which is really most of the time on the one I have).

The odd thing is, this is the band that got me liking black vox, just as In Flames was the band that got me liking death vox. When I first got into metal I couldn't stand either, but these two bands changed my mind on both. Apparently they don't have that effect on everyone.
MarillionFan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 9:57 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

Why settle for mediocrity?
DAN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 10:47 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

"I could name 100 bands that have exactly the same "yelling over same riffs" syndrome".

Start naming em. Dude you have no concept about Pantera anymore and you should really listen to the disc to give a informative opinion. Pantera's groove metal is unmatched in the metal ranks today and there is NO BAND THAT HAS THAT SOUND as far as I'm concerned. The great Tony Iommi had Phil guest on his solo disc and it turned out great. When the Black Sabbath master knows a voice he likes,who can argue with his judgement. XYZ hit the cutout bins right after it was released so let's talk about what's relevant. I'll put Pantera's musicianship up against XYZ anyday.
Over
MarillionFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2000 6:28 am    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

For a start , XYZ's singer DESTROYS Phil. Why? Because he actually fuc+ing sings and doesn't yell - anybody can do that. Iam not doubting XYZ's or Pantera's "musicianship" but Panterrible have got so turgid it's pathetic. I listened to that whole album and it flat out sucked - sounded like every other hate metal band in the Malls right now.

Soulfly
Deftones
Coal Chamber
Slipknot
SMashing Pumpkins
Hate Plow
Orgy
Limp Dick
Tool
Fear Factory
NIN
How many more do i have to mention?

It's all the same shyte. Heavy riffs and yelling. AND IT SUCKS.

XYZ will always sound better than post-Vulgar Panterrible.

JUST FUC+ING GO AWAY!!!
DAN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2000 10:46 am    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

JUST FUC+ING GO AWAY!!!
What? Am I getting on your nerve Marillionfan??? Just putting Tool on that list and say they sound like Pantera, shows me you have a serious problem trying to find evidence on your part. TOOL and PANTERA sound alike.... HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! I'll leave at that and say case dismissed!! Why do I even bother?? XYZ........ Now that is a band that will go down in history along with the other disposable 80's bands. Good list Marillionfan. You sure showed me.

[This message has been edited by DAN (edited 12-23-2000).]
MarillionFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2000 3:27 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

Truth hurts don't it chump?

Same shyte , same band , it's all the same.

Accept it , deal with it , and then get some get taste in music kid.

80's Hard Rock has always and will always destroy any mall metal from the "noisy" 90's.

That isn't even an opinion - it's a FACT.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
DAN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2000 5:50 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

Boy I hope your opinion isn't the bottom line for all rock fans out there. If it is then we are in trouble. MALL METAL!! What do you think that XYZ crap was back in the 80's????????? It was all about the hair and getting the girls and no intestinal fortitude about the material they were grinding out. One band sounded like the other back then so in the 90's they're paying for it by bagging the groceries at the local supermarket. It's because they had no talent and no creativity! Thank god Metallica showed up and spawned other bands of the like when it did. We were heading towards a vanity love affair with that 80's crap! It's a fact chump so stop looking in the mirror pretending your a primadonna and start learning your instrument. "Something's had to change. Undeniable dilemma.Boredom's not a burdon anyone should bear"
Tool

MarillionFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2000 7:28 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

You have gotta be an MTV-Brainwashed little punkass poseur biotch. See, the great thing about 80's Rock bands was they were getting the chicks AND could play their instruments.
Today's flannel-wearers can't do either.

Grow up and learn about music , cuz right now you are on a sinking ship buddy.

I am a musician that will smoke your ass any day of the week.

All those 80's bands you think are dead are all still releasing albums (most of them going platinum overseas) while your nu-metal hatecore bouncecore mall metal shyte is dying a miserable death.

Get some knowledge motherf++++ cuz i destroy you on all counts........
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2000 9:36 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

HEY!! Don't make me stop this car !!
woah - -see what you did ... you made me sound like my Dad... communicate don't irritate...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: