HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gay Black Metal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 1:08 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I just about coughed the burrito I'm eating out my nose at the thought of our lovely Yod, the butt pirate. Ahoy, matey!!
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 4:16 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

[i]This ought to go over good[/i]. I have no problem with Satan music. After all, songs are just stories. Some tell fiction. Some tell truth. It's all just some kind of story. Personally, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell - so Satan songs are no different than any other songs portraying mythical characters to me.
Nightanimal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 7:47 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

I'm not starting a flame I'll just explain to you a little of what were about and believe.
I don't believe in god or the devil or heaven and hell.
You just have to realize one thing and that the christian church has been against rock in any form since rock began.
They are major oppressors of certain freedoms that affect the way I would like to live along with many other people I'm not the only satanist on the planet,theres thousands maybe millions.
You have to realize that when someones point of view namely churches and christianity is force fed to you by certain forums our government repre sents and by christianity,and people like me think totally different it is going to bring forth some kind of rebellion.my music is an outlet and qa better way to vent then just pounding someone to death.
As far as juveniles are concerned thats what parents are for.we are in no way targeting the youth,actually it's probably the oposite.I'm 30 years old(course you wouldn't know that after the flaming thread)and just writing what i feel.Half of our songs are also what I call horror fantasy,You may think the lyrics are stupid thats o.k.but to me and many others they mean something.because different people relate to different things.I wish I would have used the earlier thread more wisely but I can't take it back all I can do is the here and now!
OverMuch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 11:07 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Nightanimal, I tried in the beginning to offer constructive criticism, even wishing your band success, even though I personally didn't care for it. Instead I got slammed.

I must say, tho, that I *do* admire anyone who gets out there and promotes the hell out of his/her band, and the web is one of the easiest, cheapest ways to do it.

That said, I'd really like to put all this bs behind us. My opinions stand, I won't retract them (that would be the ultimate sellout in my eyes/ears) but please understand that you open yourself to criticism when posting links to your music on a board with a strong pack of ravenous, loyal metalheads and we will, 9 times out of 10, listen to it and comment on it. After all, commenting on music is what this board is all about.

Anyway, and I won't take part in the flaming anymore. Call me a pussy if you want, but there's other places I go for a good flame war. I've seen this site strain under the pressure of these sorts of goings on not too long ago, and I don't want to be partially responsible for the same thing happening again.

Good luck with SatanicBlack. Sincerely.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 11:08 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Got to take issue with ol' Yoda Yoda now. You want Satanic negativity? How about these for ya:

"Satan sitting there, he's smiling...watch the flames get higher and higher.."

Umm, that's Sabbath's song "Black Sabbath"

How about this one?

"Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind and the sun and the rain. WE CAN BE LIKE THEY ARE, COME ON BABY" That is perhaps the most explicit (and, according to statistics, convincing) call to suicide ever recorded, courtesy of your intelligent band (and I agree, they sure are!) Blue Oyster Cult. My point in all this is that an unbroken line of negativity and hate and pessimism can be drawn from the burnt churches of Norway all the way back to Sabbath's ooze from the slums of Birmingham. It has always been there; nothing has changed, nor will it ever.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 11:29 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

I have a few questions and this is an excellant thread to post them. They are:

Do satanic music artists sell their souls to the devil?

Do these same artists worship the devil?

Do these artists worry how juveniles interpret the lyrics?

Is there something that I'm missing?

Reason I'm asking. I've always loved songs about sex and having a good time. I've loved songs about mythical subjects as well. But, and I'm not saying that if you're into it you're gone to hell, I just don't get songs that praise the devil or his work. Please don't interpret this in a negative way (attacking me for asking honest questions) I'm just curious.

EXCITER
Nightanimal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 11:41 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Good point.
I love Black Sabbath they are the band that got me into metal.
I just Watched the last supper that video rules!
There is something that Toni Iommi says that makes a lot of sense even now.
He talks about all the people singing happy and positive songs and that they wanted to cover a different side of life and they did.
Their dark lyrics are what destinguished them from everyone else,along with their haunting music.
I have always been drawn to the dark side and always will be.
To me there is more personal freedom on the dark side, less bull**** limitations.
It doesn't mean that all metal should be dark thats just the way I like it.
And because my lyrics are satanic doesn't mean theyre are unintelligent.
Didn't anyone get past the first song.theres 11 you know and none of them sound like mausoleum.that song was meant to be off beat and weird.
Paint it red is quite rocking and has a very heavy rhythm.If all you heard is one song how can you judge all 11.and if you did hear all the songs thats cool I'm just curious if everyone judged satanicblack on just the first song.I would appreciate it if you guys would check out our song DARKNESS EMBRACED which is a song of forbidden love between a vampire and a convent woman.the guitar work is awesome.and this song isn't satanic.
[url=http://www.mp3.com/artists/36/satanicblack.html]http://www.mp3.co m/artists/36/satanicblack.html[/url]

[This message has been edited by Nightanimal (edited 10-07-1999).]
The Yod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 7:24 am    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

I bow to you Matt!! I should have put a little more thought into what I was saying before I wrote it. Thanks for pointing it out. I guess those songs went over better because they were done so well??? Don't know, but you make a good point. I've never been negatively influenced by music regardless of what they have said, I just thought the way the song Satanic Black did, just came across as very childish.....

Nightanimal, I don't mean any offense to you when I state my feelings about your band. I listened to darkness embraced, and it started out ok, kinda sounded like Queensryche, but then the girl comes in and everything kind of fell to s***. The guitars drag, the vocals get too far ahead of the music and then try and compensate, which puts the vocals VERY out of tune, it hurt my ears. I'm sorry... [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by The Yod (edited 10-07-1999).]
EXCITER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 7:50 am    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarity. I too love the heaviness of the majority of that type of music, just wish the lyrics were ommitted.

Forget who, but someone mentioned that christianity prohibits rock and roll music. I agree, they really have in the past. BUT, I go to a christian church where we worship in song for the first 20 minutes. They have a live band who plays just like STRYPER used to (I've even filled in on drums several times).

I understand that the "darker side" can be more interesting for some, but it's just not for me.

I'm not a preacher, nor do I preach. I'm just a hard rocker that happens to believe in God, heaven and hell, and the afterlife. I just can't listen to lyrics of this type. No offense to anyone who does!

EXCITER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: