HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Mighty Tior!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 4:59 am    Post subject: The Mighty Tior!!! Reply with quote

Finally, I know the name of Riot's mascot!! Okay kids, time to share some thoughts on the band that has made more comebacks than Porsche Lynn. Feel free to discuss Tior himself, furry lil' weirdo that he is...
OverMuch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 9:51 am    Post subject: The Mighty Tior!!! Reply with quote

Ya know, I'd never heard Riot until the other day while in a second hand store, where they had three of their cd's. Listened to one of em and dug it. I'm going to pick up all three today if I can....I'm glad this board is here to make such recommendations, because man, have my horizons expanded since I started coming to HardRadio.com!
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 10:59 am    Post subject: The Mighty Tior!!! Reply with quote

The thing I always liked about Riot (or more accurately the Mark Reale Band), is their perseverance. Forget trends. Forget fashion. They just simply keep doing their thing -- and doing it surprisingly well -- for decades. You have to respect the bands integrity and determination. The most under-appreciated U.S. band?

And why the hell do they have a baby seal as their mascot? Who thought of that? Guess there was a lot of real fine weed in the New York area in the 70s.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 8:31 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Tior!!! Reply with quote

He's a seal..but he's got the body of a man!! Don't know quite why I typed that last sentence. Indeed, Riot is UNDOUBTEDLY the most overrated band in the history of hard rock/ heavy metal. If any one can offer challengers to this dubious honor, come forth.
Paul G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 5:34 am    Post subject: The Mighty Tior!!! Reply with quote

King's X - Badlands - Love/Hate - Tesla - Motorhead - Thin Lizzy - UFO - Waysted and many others who deserved multi platinum sales.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 10:27 am    Post subject: The Mighty Tior!!! Reply with quote

Matt, perhaps you could give some thoughts on why you think they are the most overrated band of all time? To me, there is no way they are overrated. They put out 2 of the best metal albums of their time (Narita, Fire Down Under) and had a complete style of their own. I don't recall any other American band playing this style of music at the time. Their songs were hard and fast with good guitar work. They hardly got any radio play, tho I recall hearin gOutlaw on the rock stations back in the day, and no publicity that I ever saw. Restless Breed was a good album as well but I didn't like Forrester as much compared to Speranza. I haven't gotten anything since, but wish to pick up their 2 latest when I get the chance. I got to see them, as Death say The Mark Reale Band cause other than him I dont know who was in it at the time, around 1990. They put on a great show. Riot, like UFO, and early MSG (and now late MST too), and Y&T, should have been much bigger.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 10:54 am    Post subject: The Mighty Tior!!! Reply with quote

Check my post in the TNT thread about Westworld and Mark Reale.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 2:52 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Tior!!! Reply with quote

Considering Riot, after 20 or so years, has absolutely no profile whatsoever in this country, despite putting out classic albums like "Fire Down Under," I'm hard pressed to see how they could be OVERrated here.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 2:59 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Tior!!! Reply with quote

Me thinks Matt is being a bit facetious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: