HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 3:18 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Yes indeed. Those "soooo great" mp3's. By now I've tried numerous times getting that miserable Winamp to play the mp3 songs both here and on mp3.com, but to no success. And further, has mp3.com cancelled all support for Real Audio on their mp3's? Maybe I'm just plain stupid not to understand how to get it working, but to put it mildly, I'm getting both sick and tired of not being able to get a single bleedin' sound out of that crappy Winamp player.

[This message has been edited by Crusader (edited 10-07-1999).]
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 3:48 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Crusader:

I use MusicMatch to play all my mp3s. I also use it as the general cd controller on my computer, and to translate mp3s to wav files. It sounds better than RealPlayer or any other player I've used.

You can download a version for free at: [url=http://www.musicmatch.com/]http://www.musicmatch.com/[/url]

Hope it works for you.
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 4:10 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

'Sader

Always listen to Death2FM, I also had to download that MP player it workd fine and has options that RPlayer doesnot. Then U will be able to download a 3 minute song in just 10 minutes....wwoooooohoooooo yeah.
You will also be able to hear the SatanicBlack songs.

[This message has been edited by zombie (edited 10-07-1999).]
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 5:55 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Well, zombie obviously has his priorities in line! *laugh* All you RealPlayer junkies out there might also want to try RealJukebox, which is now free to download. In addition to playing music, RealJukebox also lets you encode songs from audio CDs and save them to disk.

Spirit

[img]http://www.alicecoopershow.com/images/atticani.gif[/img]
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 6:58 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

On the mp3's for now the best success we've seen are with the Real G2 and Windows Media Players. QuickTime will have autolaunch mp3 support soon (when you click the file it streams and auto-starts in the player).
The Yod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 9:08 am    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

I use sonique and have had great success. I too had a ton of problems with the stupid WinAmp. [url=http://www.sonique.com]http://www.sonique.com[/url]
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 9:25 am    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

The reason many people have problems with Winamp is because files with the ".mp3" extension end up associated with other media players in thier computer. For some reason, Winamp's apparent control of this feature seems bugged. You can try re-associating mp3 files back to winamp, but when you double-click on an mp3 in your computer, it wont play it. the player will open, but not play the song. Now, if you close and re-open winamp, then use it's file-open feature to open that same mp3, it will play it. The same thing happens when you try to play an mp3 from the internet. I re-installed winamp, and it worked fine after that. However, I have found that MusicMatch (as D2FM says) is better.

There are a lot of "FREEWARE" mp3 players out there, but keep in mind that they are "free", and that the best attention may not have been given to detail in their programming. This includes winamp.

If you don't want to download anything, and you have the latest version of Windows Media Player, I suggest associating all your media files to Media Player, it will play all files during download, and works great every time.

just my 2 cents.....(_E\/|/\TH/\N

Crusader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 1999 7:25 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Thank you all for your information! I greatly appreciate it! I downloaded the latest version of Music Match, and now I can hear the mp3 songs, but they are ultra slow. I just listened to Wrathchild on the Hard Music section, and it's really slow, Bruce sounds like a cross between a doom metal and a death metal vocalist.

Crusader
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 2:11 am    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Crusader...

sounds to me like you have driver problems. mp3's act funny on certain types of sound cards and drivers. although, if you didn't have this problem before, I am forced to believe that you have something running in the background which is accessing your hard drive at the same time as the mp3 player. if this is occuring, it would definitely cause the problem you are having because I had it happen to me also.

anyway, hope that helps in some way...

...(_E\/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: