HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collectibles NOT for sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 4:50 pm    Post subject: Collectibles NOT for sale Reply with quote

Actually, what I really want to know is...
Is there a place online that anybody knows of that has a price guide (like The Beckett is for sports cards) for albums?

The albums I have that are in question are:

Merciful Fate (demo?) A full size album that is 45 rpm and has 4 songs on it.

Savatage - Sirens: This may be a demo, I don't know. It's on PAR Records (1983). It even has "booking info" on it. I've seen it on cd with a completely different cover, and I believe it has a bunch of synth on it. This album is straight up metal. Not even a trace of synth!
Jon Oliva - Shreiks of Terror
Criss Oliva - Metalaxe
Steve Wacholz - Barbaric Cannons
Keith Collins - The Bottom End

I figure since I'm doing a new topic, why not make it interesting after I possibly get an answer. So...

[b]What do you have in your rock n roll collections that are (or may be) rare.[/b] (aka-collectibles)
anamal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 5:29 pm    Post subject: Collectibles NOT for sale Reply with quote

In my lp collection the most valuable lp i have is GnR/live like a suicide ep.Hippyblood, i have seen that SAVATAGE/SIRENS lp on par records sold for as much as 300$ and have seen it advertised for much more, you got yourself a collectors piece there,
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 8:04 pm    Post subject: Collectibles NOT for sale Reply with quote

I've got a copy of that Gnr live ep too (played only once; I recorded it to tape in direct violation of copyright laws and played the tape only).

Other stuff I value are a leather bound promo copy of Dio's "Lock up the Wolves," a little dinosaur hand made by GWAR (I think they made 20 or so of these) (it's made of the same foam rubber they make their costumes out of), an Alice Cooper gold record, where they misspelled my name (shows how important you have to be to get one of these), and a Thin Lizzy "Thunder & Lightning" Japanese tour program signed by Phil.
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 8:15 pm    Post subject: Collectibles NOT for sale Reply with quote

Don't know how collectible it is but I have an old vinyl picture disk of Judas Priest's Sad Wings of Destiny LP. Thing is almost as old as I am. Still have a red vinyl Hendrix LP somewhere it seems.......knew I shouldn't have drank so much last weekend.....
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 11:51 pm    Post subject: Collectibles NOT for sale Reply with quote

Geeez... you guys are making me jealous. I have nothing collectable to speak of from music. But I do have a short, interesting story to tell...

...Years ago (in 1985 or '86 I think), I went to a Dokken concert with Ratt, and I think Queensryche. Anyway, towards the end of the show, my friend and I decided to walk around back and see if we could catch the busses and maybe get autographs or something. Well, we didn't catch any busses, but I found a set of keys on the ground near where the busses were, with a cool looking metal "DOKKEN" charm on it. My dad told me it was stainless steel. It's pretty thick, and looks very cool. It's Dokken's logo seemingly carved out of steel. Totally cool. I don't use it because it is valuable to ME. I keep it in my jewelry box (YES, I have a jewelry box! Guys can have jewelry boxes too! lol).

Anyway, thought ya might find that interesting...

Dokken spelled backwards --> nekkod
Rokken on...(_E\/|/\TH/\N

[This message has been edited by LEV1ATHAN (edited 10-13-1999).]
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 4:45 am    Post subject: Collectibles NOT for sale Reply with quote

I have:
Black n' Blue-all 4 albums, mint
Hear n Aid-Stars(45)
Jag Panzer-Ample Destruction(original pressing)
Overdrive-Swords and Axes on LP...some Swedish label

And on Cd, forget about it...too many to list here
EXCITER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 5:06 am    Post subject: Collectibles NOT for sale Reply with quote

Don't have a clue if these are rare or hard to get or even collectable, but I have on albumn and in mint condition:

Hearing Aide
Desolation Blvd. - Sweet
Head Hunter - Krokus
Live Evil - Black Sabbath
The Mob Rules - Black Sabbath
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath
Down to Earth - Rainbow
Straight Between the Eyes - Rainbow
Long Live Rock and Roll - Rainbow
In through the Out Door - Led Zep
Led Zep 1-3
All Rush albums up to Signals
All Triumph albums
All KISS albums up to Hot in the Shade and including the solos
Audio Visions - Kansas

Some Bad Company, most Journey, most Styx, 2 from Nazareth that I can't think of (I'm at work) and a bunch more that I just can't think of right now.

Even if some of the above were worth some pretty pennies, I wouldn't part with the majority of my collection unless my family depended on the money or something!

EXCITER
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 7:20 am    Post subject: Collectibles NOT for sale Reply with quote

I don't know if this has any value, but I have an Anthrax interview on 2 picture disks. I also have a lot of Alice Cooper on vinyl with original packaging. The UPS man that called on our office said he wanted to get rid of them. I said I'd take 'em. I also have a drum head that's been signed by Slayer (my friend drove the bus for them).
OverMuch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 9:47 am    Post subject: Collectibles NOT for sale Reply with quote

Oh, I've got quite a bit, but most are important probably only to me.

*A pic I took of Ozzy in concert in Germany that he later signed in Seattle. Got to hang out with him for a day in a studio (won a contest). Also, autographed Perry Mason single and Ozzmosis CD.
*Multiple D.A.D autographed, promo, and othe r rarities that you just can't get here in the U.S.
*Guitar picks from Mattias Jabs, (sp?), Suicidal Tendencies, Nikki Sixx, Eddie Van Halen and a couple others I can't remember right off the bat, all caught at concerts.
*Drumsticks from Joey Ramone and Vinnie Appice.
*Signed Brian May cd: Back to the Light.
*Signed by the entire band: Kiss Destroyer on vinyl, original pressing.
*Quiet Riot setlist I ripped off the stage.
*A whole, huge buttload of original Elvis 45's (like 100 or so), mint, in their sleeves. Waiting a few more years to unload these and make a fortune.
*Ditto on some Beatles '45's, but they're far more plentiful and not worth as much.

and finally: A Derrick Smalls autograph! Woo Hoo!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: