HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Mighty Metallica
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 2:28 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

OK, So they've strayed from the path, we can all agree on that at least. I personally like the old stuff, some of the new stuff, even a few of the covers. I don't care about their money, morals, or who they sleep with. I (usually) like the music they make. I was actually really impressed to see the nod to Thin Lizzy with "Whiskey in the Jar."

But, yeah, [b]A F##KING SYMPHONY? WTF?!?[/b]

So the question is this, what's next for the Mighty Met? Here are my predictions:

A five piece horn section.

A southern black baptist choir singing backups for James.

A sex book like Madonna's.

A co-headlining tour with U2.

Jason dead outside the Viper Room in West Hollywood from a coke & heroin overdose. Has Axl Rose's phone number in his pocket.

Kirk fighting over little boys with Michael Jackson at the Neverland Ranch, then getting canned for coming out of the closet. Later photographed with Sigfreid & Roy in a hottub.

Banjos.

James organises a free concert in NYC's Central Park to fund the Heidi Fleiss Defense Fund.

"Got Milk?" advertisments.

Lars leaving the band to tour with Vanilla Ice after beating the crap out of Pam Anderson.

They start playing Branson, Missouri nightly on a double bill with Conway Twitty.

A Halloween gig wearing KISS makeup.

Product endorsement from Summers Eve. (If you don't know - be grateful!)

I'm taking all bets. What are your predictions?

[img]http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/LesPaul/1999/images/custom- pic2.jpg[/img]
DEFFY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 3:17 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

Christmas is right around the corner.

Metallica revisits "We Are the World" with special guests: Hanson, Garth Brooks, Puff Daddy and James new inspiration/hero (no longer Tony Iommy) Placido Domingo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mixer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 3:23 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

Corny concept album ala "Music From The Elder"
County fair appearances
"Cruising" downtown Berlin
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 3:35 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

Guest hosting the Regis and Kathy Lee show.
Metallica dress up dollies.
Lars School of Karate - check out that karate kick to the bookcase at the end of the whiskey video!
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 4:03 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

I'm thinking River Dance.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 4:24 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

* A Christmas Album produced by the money machine - Gene Simmons.

* A cover of Queen's "Radio Ga-Ga".

* They proclaim that they were only in the music business to meet orchestra members.

* James Hetfield makes a guest appearance on Methods of Mayhem (Sell-out Lee's band).

EXCITER
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 4:37 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

I just can't compete. You guys are too damn funny. Night-Breed, you are killing me!!!

Humbly, I would add:

Divas, starring Celine, Whitney, Shania and JAMES.

Little LARS replaces Kid Rock's midget; gets ass kicked by Gary Coleman in new video.

JASON: Flotsam & Jetsam "featuring all original members."

Hetfield leaves to pursue real passion -- industrial music. Tattoos his head. Is replaced by a guy from a Metallica cover band named "Ripper." New band BOMBS miserably. Reveals that his true passion is really heavy metal (forget all that stuff he said about industrial.) Eventually reforms with band mates for a triumphant tour. What? Ooops. That's the Rob Halford story. Sorry.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 6:05 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

Summer's Eve?! Woof! How am I ever going to top THAT one? *dramatic pause* Wait...it's coming to me...yes, I've got it! Brace yourselves for...

METALLICA: THE MUSICAL

Featuring:
The Lars Ulrich Dancers
Tommy Lee on vibraphone!
Dancing heroin needles and crack pipes
"The Happy Little Elves"
Special guest appearance by Pat Boone

Maybe James could even throw in a duet with Marilyn Manson while he's at it. Only time will tell.

Spirit

[img]http://www.alicecoopershow.com/images/atticani.gif[/img]
SunKingHono

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 7:42 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

Whoa...You guys are brutal! and I thought for sure I was gonna be in deep kim chi for my comments regarding Metaliloaf on another board, but I am pleasantly suprised.

...tomorrows guests on Rosies O'donnel
Tom Cruise
Gary Coleman
Richard Simmons
and musical guest Metallica performing their remake of "living la vida loca"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: