HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most baffling trend ever?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 3:13 pm    Post subject: Most baffling trend ever? Reply with quote

Either in metal, or not.

I'd have to cast my vote in for the short-lived swing revival. Just bizarre...here's a kind of music you actually have to take classes to dance to, you have to drop a pile of money to dress for, comes with alcoholic drinks nobody under fifty likes, requires a band size of at least eight people and half of them are playing instruments they learned in high school band class...none of these things are bad in and of themselves, but it came at a time when it was marketed on the very people who a few years before were the people who made grunge so big, the "slacker" generation. Swing is just too much work for these people, no wonder it was short-lived!
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 3:22 pm    Post subject: Most baffling trend ever? Reply with quote

I could never figure out why people like The Dave Matthews Band or that new David Gray guy. That song "Babylon" or "Babble On" is the most annoying crap i've heard the last six months. I guess Sting fans finally got out of that elevator.
The Sledge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 5:13 pm    Post subject: Most baffling trend ever? Reply with quote

Hmm, I guess I was vaca on Mars when this swing trend came around because I didn't notice it?

Yeh, I know what you mean about the dancing. But I have to admit, it is a lot of fun!! Yes, I took some classes on it. Ya know, being a headbanger for over 2/3 of my life, the dance floor is the last place you'll catch me (well, straight anyway!). I'm friggin rythymless so going out freestylin' isn't the way to go. As odd as it sounds, with swing etc, no one can look at you and say "hmm, he doesn't dance too often"! There's really only one way to do it. And you know, it's far easier than trying to learn to dance like Janet Jackson or Ricky Martin!! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

But as for yer question...no, can't think of a short-lived trend. Hey wasn't there a flower-power peace wave in (c)rap in the early 90s? That was a quickie...

NP:Tesla-What You Give
bandroia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 8:23 pm    Post subject: Most baffling trend ever? Reply with quote

id definatly have to say boy bands definatly
Subtraction

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 8:26 pm    Post subject: Most baffling trend ever? Reply with quote

I would have to say all trends.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:22 pm    Post subject: Most baffling trend ever? Reply with quote

Though I can pretty much agree with the "all trneds" comment, i have to go with Grunge.

Why would we want to sit around dirty as hell feeling sorry for ourselves? Nothing is worse than a nation looking like a depressed lumberjack association.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:23 pm    Post subject: Most baffling trend ever? Reply with quote

Subtraction, I have to agree with you. I can't think of many "trends" that I have really understood why people would get on board with it. Then again, the people of America are so easily pacified with b.s. that anything is possible.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:25 pm    Post subject: Most baffling trend ever? Reply with quote

slavettgrind - "depressed lumberjack association"...LOL! Wouldn't it be hilarious if there was a grunge rock band with that name?! "D.L.A." LOL!
Rockangel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:35 pm    Post subject: Most baffling trend ever? Reply with quote

All trnds suk. But as for trends that made me gag... neon clothing in the 80's. That was sick!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: