HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ozzfest about to collapse on itself?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Space Lord

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 12:06 am    Post subject: Ozzfest about to collapse on itself? Reply with quote

I heard from that OTHER station that apparently the new Ozzfest line-up is so crap this year that even Sharon Osbourne has been known to be a bit critical about the bands on it. In the interview, she said that aside from a few exceptions, Ozzy thinks that a lot of the bands on the bill really suck and he hasn't even heard their music.

And -- SURPRISE!! -- Sharon says that Ozzy "doesn't understand Limp Bizkit" at all.

Is this a sign for Ozzfest to start saluting and championing more well-established metal bands? I hope so, because I can't understand why Ozzy would even let these bands tour with him if he doesn't even like them....
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:31 am    Post subject: Ozzfest about to collapse on itself? Reply with quote

yep Ozzy should just say no to Mall Metal and stick with the classics hows this for a Ozzfest Black Sabbath with Ozzy and Dio,
Sammy Hagar,Iron Maiden,Scorpions...now this would Rule...
Coda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 8:14 am    Post subject: Ozzfest about to collapse on itself? Reply with quote

Lets hope that this years Ozzfest does so badly that next year Ozzy decides to take out new METAL bands with him. Something like Ozzy/ Sabbath, WASP, ICed Earth, Zyklon, Nightwish. Something like that. That would rock!
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 11:26 am    Post subject: Ozzfest about to collapse on itself? Reply with quote

I think it will collapse this year. Tickets for the Charlotte show are $97!, $62, and $37 for the lawn. No thank you.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 8:09 pm    Post subject: Ozzfest about to collapse on itself? Reply with quote

I have tickets for the Atlanta, GA show. They wanted $125 for pit passes. Like any of these bands will warrant a pit?!

I settled for the $75 seats. And I'm only going to see Sabbath!!!
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 6:57 am    Post subject: Ozzfest about to collapse on itself? Reply with quote

Hey Heathermetal, don't forget that Black Label Society will be on the 2nd stage....
Armitage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 8:40 am    Post subject: Ozzfest about to collapse on itself? Reply with quote

Geez, OzzY and WHO? What a terrible mix of bands. Who'd want to sit through that to see OzzY?
Mordax

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 9:01 am    Post subject: Ozzfest about to collapse on itself? Reply with quote

Too bad that Sabbath and BLS are the only bands really worth seeing. I won't go because I would get so tired of the Nu metal atmosphere that I would probably leave before hearing the only bands worth seeing. Not worth $75 to sit thru the irritating chump metal to get to the good stuff.
Lars37

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 3:01 pm    Post subject: Ozzfest about to collapse on itself? Reply with quote

OzzFest is just anoher brand-name, low-end all day shedfest, geared towards selling overpriced beer and food to people who have stood outside with little to no shaded areas for hours on end - that's NEVER been my idea of fun, and therefore, I've almost never gone to one of these events. I much prefer two or three bands in a smaller club, with overpriced beer and food!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: