HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

heavy rock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efizema

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 6:23 pm    Post subject: heavy rock Reply with quote

Hi there !
If you enjoy heavy rock like the Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam and Chris Cornell music you gotta know a band called FULL DEVIL JACKET. The Guys Kick ass !! Check out [url=http://www.ubl.com/fp.asp?layout=main_artspot_page]http://www.ubl .com/fp.asp?layout=main_artspot_page[/url] where they are the band of the week ... There you can listen to songs in real audio.
Susan
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 7:02 pm    Post subject: heavy rock Reply with quote

Oh...I thought you said [i]heavy[/i]. Almost got excited for a minute.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 7:38 pm    Post subject: heavy rock Reply with quote

Well, Alice in Chains qualify as heavy in my book, but Pearl Jam? *sigh* We really should set up a "Bulletin" area where people can post these plugs and advertisements without annoying the Flarpo out of the good citizens of the Artist Discussion forum. Efizema, if you're listening, read the title of this forum VERY carefully. The word "advertisement" is not in the title! Oh, great, you've made me use an exclamation point. Shame on you.

Spirit

[img]http://www.alicecoopershow.com/images/atticani.gif[/img]
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 6:25 am    Post subject: heavy rock Reply with quote

I am disgusted by this new radio-coined term "heavy rock." It dances around what we all know this music to be...METAL. (For those of you that doubt Pearl Jam's metal savvy, please see "Lukin," "Brain of J," "Hail Hail," "rearviewmirror," to name a few...) Back to Efizema, I am tired of seeing Indigo Girls and hip-hop on HARDRADIO. Take your promos, stick up in your pocket, and climb back up your mother's stinking, infected, pus-oozing and way-too-used twat.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 6:31 am    Post subject: heavy rock Reply with quote

Despite the brutality of the last response, I'm laughing my arse off!!! Man, hope I never get under your skin Metalfilm1!

EXCITER
MetallicHead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 12:24 pm    Post subject: heavy rock Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've noticed that a lot of you have a vast knowledge of what is and what's not heavy metal, and I respect that. In fact, I have learned a lot from you, cuz you mention bands that I've never even heard of, until now, via the Internet.

Having said that, I'm intereste in your opinion about Tool. What kind of music dou you think they play and do you dig them?

Sorry for the ignorence but every day you you learn something... isn't that rigth?

[img]http://www.diveshack.com/images/ghosts/ghosts4/Mvlo7u78.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by MetallicHead (edited 10-22-1999).]
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 4:37 pm    Post subject: heavy rock Reply with quote

See, I really like Tool. I don't know what label I'd put that under. I consider Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, and the like to be under the Grunge Label. Heavy would be Anthrax, Pantera, Sacred Reich, etc. I really do hate labels, I like what I like regardless of what label it falls under. Really, I just wanted to take a shot at efizema cause I love her so much! Peace.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 4:43 pm    Post subject: heavy rock Reply with quote

I have no idea what heavy metal is. One man's heavy metal is another's Dokken.
Brian123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 4:57 pm    Post subject: heavy rock Reply with quote

dear, poor, enfizema, I have to agree that anyone who thinks that Pearl Jam and the likes are "Heavy", then you need to take a step back and think about that for a moment. If you want heavy check out a few like Deicide, Death, Mortification (who incidentally is a Christian Metal band but you wouldnt know until you read the lyrics), Slayer, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kreator, Metallica (Kill 'Em All to Master of Puppets + a couple of selections from And Justice for All), Morbid Angel. If you are not into the death or dark metal scene check out the older Metallica, newer Death, Anthrax (preferabbly Among the Living) Mortification, Deliverance (another Christian band) Vio-lence, Wrathchild America. These should get you started and you can also got to CDNow and hear some bits and pieces from these bands. One more thing, I TOTALLY agree that this is a site for Heavy music so I hope we keep it this way. Thanx for letting me ramble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: