HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 12:43 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! ! Reply with quote

I recently saw [b]Nevermore[/b] here in MA. and I have this to say:

HOLY S.HIT!!! Definitely one of my top 5 all time live shows. I've seen over 150 bands live in the past 16 years that I've been going to shows and these guys put on a hell of a show. Sure, bands like [b]Slayer[/b] with their tight live set have blown me away and of course bands like [b]Iron Maiden[/b] could put on one hell of stage show in their prime, but [b]Nevermore[/b] just plain thoroughly kicked my a.ss!

Warrel seemed a bit out of it at times and there were some technical difficulties with his mic in the beginning but it didn't matter. I don't know all of their material as I am a recent fan (I knew half of the 13 or more song set list)but it just didn't matter. These guys were true metal through and through. They played everything from power to doom to thrash metal. They know their stuff and know it well. Warrel even prevented the guards from stopping some stage diving during a classic sounding thrash tune.

The one thing that I wasn't too sure about was the touring guitarist they had. I don't want to take anything away from his playing but the guy kinda looked like a leftover from the grunge era from his playing form and the way he stood as well as the way he bounced around like one of the guys from [b]Green Day[/b] or some other grunge band. With the exception of his long hair he just didn't seem to fit in. It may be just me but I feel metal musicians should have a look about them as well as be able to play great metal. Either way these guys delivered a powerful and what I feel is a totaly original sounding metal. I couldn't get enough.

I didn't know much about openers [b]Opeth[/b] until then but I will be picking up some of their stuff soon. I can handle the cookie monster death vocals better when their mixed with clean melodic vocals as is done well with many European bands. These guys provided both vocal styles in what was in some cases a very mystical but heavy sound. [b]Opeth[/b] ripped through a fantastic set and were as tight as could be.

The funny thing is that 16 years ago I saw my first metal show, [b]Judas Priest[/b] and it cost me $12.00. Now, 16 years later in a time when a show can cost between $30.00 - $75.00 (at arenas and stadiums of course) I was happy to get way more for my $12.00 (the same cost as [b]Priest in '86'[/b]) than I could have asked for.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that [b]Nevermore[/b] are at the top of my metal list and I hope they stay true to their roots and don't sell out. I also hope to complete my [b]Nevermore[/b] collection soon [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 1:25 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! ! Reply with quote

Icarus-

Welcome to the fan club. I have seen Nevermore three times on this tour, and they have kicked ass every time. I, like you, have seen a ton of live shows, and no one tops Nevermore.

The last three CDs have all been amazing. Dreaming Neon Black may be the greatest metal disc of all time.

Curran Murphy, the touring guitar player (who rumour has it, has been asked to join the band), is cool as hell. Don't let the goatee fool ya, the boy rocks. He is insane on stage, and plays his ass off. He is also a very cool, sincere guy.

Opeth rocks. If you like a healthy mix of clean vocals with your death growls, check out Opeth's latest, Blackwater Park. It has more clean vocals than their other releases. It's also their best produced release to date.

GZ
ImpaleVlad

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 2:13 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! ! Reply with quote

If you like Nevermore, you have to find a way to get your hands on either of Sanctuary's albums (the band that in essence spawned Nevermore). You'll go nuts!
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 2:38 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! ! Reply with quote

Definitely a big thumbs up to Nevermore! I saw them Tuesday nite in Charlotte, and my God, they just killed. They had to cut their show short here due to some b.s. curfew in Charlotte. They did NOT play Evolution 169, Believe in Nothing, or Seven Tongues of God), but played everything else they have played on this tour. Got to meet the guys, and had them all sign a poster I snagged off the wall of the club. Even got my new guitar hero, Jeff Loomis, to sign a white guitar pick I got from the guitar tech.

I took pics, so if anyone would like to see them, just shoot me an email.

Kolesne

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 10:54 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! ! Reply with quote

I just saw Nevermore and Opeth last night in Atlanta. It was sad how everyone there came for Opeth. I overheard people talking about the lineup, saying they'd never heard of nevermore. It was really late....or early I should say, by the time Nevermore came out and half the building cleared out after Opeth got off. I thought it was sad but good in a way. I got to get up close and watch them play. They were hands down the best Band there and I think those people that left after Opeth were either really crazy or really misinformed. Last night may very well have been the best night of my life. Nevermore started off with Narcosynthesis and they played Evolution 169 and Believe in Nothing here. Great songs. I'm gonna go ahead and buy in and say that I have a new favorite band. Nevermore.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2001 6:35 am    Post subject: GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! ! Reply with quote

Kolesne, I did a little investigating, and it seems there is no curfew in Charlotte. So, Nevermore was lied to by Tremont Music Hall, and the fans were ripped from an entire show. I remember WD saying something to the extent "What, there's a curfew here? We still have 4 songs to play!". And it was only 11:50pm, and I know that clubs in Charlotte stay open until 1 or 2 on the weeknights. Needless to say, I doubt I will ever be going back to Tremont for anything ever again.

But they did rock my world Tuesday night, and was definitely one of the best shows I've seen in a while.
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2001 8:16 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! ! Reply with quote

I noticed at the show many people were video taping it.
This makes me wonder if anyone's come out of the show with a decent tape.
If so can anyone sell me a copy. I could send a blank tape also.
Let me know.

Thanks.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 1:58 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! ! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
[b]
Curran Murphy, the touring guitar player (who rumour has it, has been asked to join the band), is cool as hell. Don't let the goatee fool ya, the boy rocks. He is insane on stage, and plays his ass off. He is also a very cool, sincere guy.
[/b]

Not to start ****, but I've heard quite differently, and he may not be touring with the band for long.
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 2:40 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME MORE NEVERMORE ! ! ! Reply with quote

OK. I'll bite... what have you heard?

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: