HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 11:27 pm    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

Watching VH1 this weekend I saw Geoff Tate on Rock n Roll Jeopordy(he lost,Scott Ian won)and it got me thinking "what the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!?"These guys used to put out some great metal.The E.P.- EMPIRE I think are great,some better than others,OPERATION:MINDCRIME is a classic by anyones standards.So what happened after EMPIRE ? PROMISED LAND was good I saw a show on that tour,they were great!HEARS where they go wrong with HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER.What is this sterile piece of crap they've laid? Chris Degarmo did'nt write this!It cant be.But it is,and then Chris would drop off the face of the earth.Did this guy think he had written THE WALL and no one appreciated it so I quite? Then in comes Kelly Grey is it? and Q2k and this is even worse! Not even metal! With 1 of the best voices in metal this is what Geoff & the boys give us. Now I hear of a live record,I'll probably buy it if the track listing is good but if they drop another turd 4 a studio album I hope they hang it up.Remember guys,you're ametal band and thats your fan base.Now cater to us damn it!
Neon Black

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 9:15 am    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by live4metal:
[b]Watching VH1 this weekend I saw Geoff Tate on Rock n Roll Jeopordy[/b]

I saw that show too, Tate wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, was he? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As for the tunes, I totally agree, Tate and the boys should go back to what made them great. Although Tate's performances live have been spectacular, even when belting out some of the older tunes like Queen of The Ryche, and Take Hold Of The Flame. IMO..vocally he still has enough to blow us away all over again.
AZRock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 9:20 am    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

The 'Ryche is washed up. They were one of the most original racking metal bands around in their early years, but now they're just a wannabe grunge band. Very sad.

I bought HITNF when it came out, listened to it twice, then gave it to my ex-girlfiend. Because I'm a sucker, I bought Y2K when it came out. Yeck. Not again boys. I've given up on them.
Bohica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 9:47 am    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

Read the Hard News section of this board. It has an article on Queensryche.
Sebitchian Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:34 pm    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

I never bought anything of theirs after Empire. It seems like after that they they almost went Grunge or something. I heard some of the stuff off Q2K, or "Q2Gay" as I like to call it, absolutely terrible. I couldn't believe that the boys who brought us such classics as Rage For Order and Operation Mindcrime could be making such crappy music in the new millenium. I'd even go out on a limb and say Empire was a classic too, although I did get sick of hearing "Jet City Woman" on MTV once every two hours
Urizen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:38 pm    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

hopefully now they're with sanctuary they'll wake up
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:44 pm    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

Stick a fork in 'em... they're done.

Without Chris playing guitar, this band will go no where. Kelly Gray is a nice guy, but he is a horrible player and a terrible song writer.

GZ
Neon Black

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 10:49 am    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
[b]Stick a fork in 'em... they're done.

Without Chris playing guitar, this band will go no where. Kelly Gray is a nice guy, but he is a horrible player and a terrible song writer.

GZ[/b]

I couldn't agree more with you GZ. There seems to be something missing in the song writing department. I haven't heard anything that Degarmo has done since he left. Is that any better?

NB
IcedEarthling

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 1:10 pm    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

quote[quote]As for the tunes, I totally agree, Tate and the boys should go back to what made them great. Although Tate's performances live have been spectacular, even when belting out some of the older tunes like Queen of The Ryche, and Take Hold Of The Flame. IMO..vocally he still has enough to blow us away all over again.[/B][/quote]

To bad this isn't logically possible, seeing as the new guitar can't play any of the songs. They'd be better as a 4 piece, rather then sitting out classic solos/harmonies because this hack doesn't even attempt to do the stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: