HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icarus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 2:10 pm    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

Anymore truth to the rumors of Tate, Halford and Dickinson putting out [i]The Three Tremors[/i] album/ song?
BedOfRust

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 3:13 pm    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

The Three Tremors (officially called "Trilogy") was put on hold because of busy schedules. Rob is currently rehearsing and writing the followup to Resurrection. Bruce finished up a couple songs for his greatest hits/catacombs album that is being released next month, and is currently writing the script for a movie called "The Chemical Wedding". Geoff is busy writing for the new Queensryche.

The project will probably never happen because those three guys are booked into the forseeable future.
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:52 pm    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

What happened to Queensryche?

Their fans turn their backs on them for either getting commercial success(All the people who hate Empire and anything after it, and there are many on this board); hating them after achieving success(hating everything after Empire); sticking with them for a great album then turning their backs no matter who much they tried to hate the follow up to empire(those who hate HITNF and Q2K); and of course, those who call an album "Q2gay" after only hearing a few songs and not actually listening to the album.

Anyway, metalheads bitch that theywant their bands to move on and experiment, then bitch when they do. If Ryche made another Mindcrime, as many have suggested they do, those same people would probably bitch that Ryche was trying too hard to recapture the past and should move on.

Metalheads are not at all receptive to experimentation. Tis the truth. Tis also part of the metal fan mentality to hate everything new a band does. As a metal fan, one can not approve of a new release. One must say "I like their early stuff best" or "[said band] has not been good since[the album before their biggest commercial successs]" Anyone else notice this in metal fans? As a metal fan you have to love the "early stuff" and hate whatever a band does after they reach commercial success.

But, who knows. I am unfairly generalizing, but I have seeen it a lot on here and elsewhere. I am not saying you have to love everything a band does, or even like it. But I think a lot is said just to look a certain way. It makes you look cooler to like the old stuff only. That is a popular misconception I notice on these boards.

I think a few people need to open their minds and give an unbiased listen to some stuff. Not picking on anyone in particular here, just stating something I notice(oh, but I was picking on that Q2Gay guy)

I will say that afew tunes from both HITNF and Q2K are actualy faves of mine
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 7:27 am    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

slavettgrind-

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more.

Queensryche's demise has nothing to do with the fans turning their backs on the band. Rather, it has to do with the band turning their backs on the fans.

The last two CDs have been terrible. If you like them... great. But most QR fans do not. And the reason that they don't like them is simple: the music is sub-par. Queensryche's newer material, not only represents a clear move away from what made them special, but an even clearer degradation of their passion. The song writing on the last two CDs has been just flat out uninspired. And it has nothing to do with how heavy, or not heavy the newer songs are. "Empire" was QR's biggest selling CD, and it was no heavier than "Q2K" or "HitNF".

There are bands like Amorphis, who were heavier than Queensryche at their heaviest, and have become mellower than Queensryche at their most mellow. But Amorphis fans haven't jumped shipped. Why? Because Amorphis fans are more loyal? Hardly. Because Amorphis still writes good music; Queensryche does not.

I have purchased everything QR has ever done, including "Q2K". I even went to see them on this last tour (where they were so bad that they embarrassed themselves). Queensryche's recent demise has nothing to do with the fans. The fans don't write the songs, and they don't perform the music live. So, to blame the fans is just plain silly. The band's primary songwriter left the band because he was bored with the band's direction. Why would you expect that fans wouldn't also be bored?

GZ
Paul G

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 10:39 am    Post subject: What the hell happened to QUEENSRYCHE!? Reply with quote

"Metalheads are not at all receptive to experimentation. Tis the truth. Tis also part of the metal fan mentality to hate everything new a band does".

I disagree with that statement as it relates to Queensryche. Wasn't Operation Mindcrime experimental enough for you. It works for some bands and not others, it comes down to the quality of the work being done, crap is crap end of story. Most metal fans have a very low tolerance for BS. Entombed tried a more mainstream approach with 'Same Difference' and it bombed for the simple fact that the disc sucked. Bands often make the misguided error of trying to be something they're not. The ultimate prize for this goes to KISS "The Elder".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: