HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 1999 9:34 pm    Post subject: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE Reply with quote

Have to go with Deep Purple.
onewastingyouth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 1999 10:10 pm    Post subject: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE Reply with quote

put me down for Black Sabbath.

Cliff didn't create metallica, I'm not going to go into it because i'm sure someone else will and if not, oh well
DEFFY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 1999 12:49 am    Post subject: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE Reply with quote

This is it.
This is for the final vote for the induction of the first Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Band/Artist/Contributor (and 2nd & 3rd) in the First (hopefully annual) 1999 Heavy Metal Hall of Fame.
All will be decided by a FINAL and SINGLE vote of one of the listed bands that were chosen by YOU, the posters in this forum, but most important- you the REAL HEAVY METAL FANS.
The only rule here.
Vote for your band only one single time. The band must be from the nominee list.
[b]AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alice Cooper
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kiss
Led Zeppelin
Martin Birch
Metallica
Motley Crue
Motorhead
Ozzy/Randy Rhoads
Rainbow
Randy Rhoads
Scorpions
Slayer
Thin Lizzy
Twisted Sister
UFO
Uriah Heep
Van Halen
Yngwie Malmsteen[/b]

Briefly on other bands that were not mentioned.
Black Sabbath w/ Dio- a continuation of great songs by one of the greatest bands in Heavy Metal. "Neon Knights", "The Mob Rules"

Iron Maiden w/ Paul Di'Anno and Clive Burr- the foundation of greater things to come and awesome classics. "Phantom of the Opera", "Running Free".

Dio- Led on vocals on 2 great bands and has been standing firmly on his own. "Last in line", "Holy Diver".

Triumph- Really talented and the band had excellent concerts while it lasted. "Never Surrender", "Lay It On The Line".

RUSH- Another Canadian band and power trio (Triumph). Did I say POWER TRIO? "YYZ", "Tom Sawyer" , "The Spirit of Radio".

GUNS-&-ROSES- Love them or hate them, look in your closet and you will find a CD/cassette/LP. "Welcome to the Jungle"

Def Leppard- Had a very good and promising beginning. "High and Dry", "Bringing on the Heartbreak".

Ted Nugent- Another GNR comment. Take your pick from TN or Damn Yankee. "Wango Tango", "Cat Scratch Fever".

Pantera- Not a long history, but it has pulled through these lame ALTERNACrap years. Covers from Black Sabbath and Ted Nugent, "Cemetery Gates".

Whitesnake- A long history in the business. From Dave's Deep Purple years to the firing (whatever) of John Sykes from the band, and then formed Blue Murder. "Still of the night"

Megadeath- Another band, thankfully, that has been providing solid rock during these last few years.

Cliff Burton- Do we really need to say anything on him. James has desrtoyed Metallica-the creation of Cliff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ScorpionsFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 1999 1:25 pm    Post subject: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE Reply with quote

* Scorpions *

(they never get voted for anything. Even during their high point of their career!)

[img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 1999 2:15 pm    Post subject: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE Reply with quote

Black Sabbath with a slice of Ozzy.

HardBoardians: What, Spirit's not voting for Alice?
SpiritOnParole: I love Alice to death, but Black Sabbath and Ozzy have done the most for the heavy metal genre. Now, if we were talking about shock rock...

Spirit

[img]http://www.alicecoopershow.com/images/atticani.gif[/img]
Brian123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 1999 5:43 pm    Post subject: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE Reply with quote

As I have said before, Metallica has certainly plunged since the black album, but they were one of the bands I started listening to and influenced me the most. I vote

METALLICA
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 1999 10:09 pm    Post subject: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE Reply with quote

Sabbath
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 7:18 pm    Post subject: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE Reply with quote

Ozzy ozzy ozzy ozzy
eth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 7:44 pm    Post subject: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Part II - Final VOTE Reply with quote

IRON MAIDEN
UP THE IRONS!
UP THE HAMMERS!
EDDIE RULES OK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: