HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very'eavy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zej

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 12:54 pm    Post subject: Very'eavy Reply with quote

Dude, if you're reading this, know that I stand by your words on that other message board 100%. I'm getting sick of most of those intolerants' crap as well.

Take care.

Anyone else reading this: Very'eavy took a stand against intolerant pseudo-intellectual warmongers and proved a damn fine point.
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 1:00 pm    Post subject: Very'eavy Reply with quote

quote[quote]Anyone else reading this: Very'eavy took a stand agains intolerant pseudo-intellectual warmongers and proved a damn fine point. [/quote]

What's up with the tease man?
Where was this said? I'd like to read it.

I seen Very'eavy on this board in a while.
Zej

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 3:20 pm    Post subject: Very'eavy Reply with quote

Things have calmed down a bit, thankfully. Even I was unnecessarily getting in some dumb heated arguments.

See, Very'eavy got pretty upset by the fact that many started to sound so angry they were practically itching to push the button that'll drop a nuke on Afghanistan/Iraq/Pakistan without bothering to know which of the three was responsible (or where of the three was bin Laden's hiding place). Some of 'em were actually willing to bomb all the middle east. Some implied, for example, that every Afghan should be held responsible because they choose to let their government act as it does, and therefore the government allows bin Laden to hide there.

Very'eavy agreed with their anger, but got tired of the racial slurs, the ignorance regarding the Afghan situation and such things. He also said it was likely that US citizens would be dancing in the streets if Hussein--and thousands of iraqi civilians--received what the US got yesterday.

He said that people should understand there are countries that do not sympathize with the US, like Pakistan (because of US help to Israel) and that if they celebrated that did not mean they were punishable (I imagine if France were to bomb Hussein, the US would be pretty happy about it too).

But he was also pretty clear on the fact that punishmewnt was due, and should be executed.

In general, he was asking people to use their heads before their anger, and I agree. But he was viciously attacked, so he left.
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 3:27 pm    Post subject: Very'eavy Reply with quote

I Understand. A double \m/ salute to you Very'eavy. Come back to the Hardboard. That big bullie Marillionfan doesn't come around here anymore. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Subtraction

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:58 pm    Post subject: Very'eavy Reply with quote

That is exactly what I have been trying to say to people on this board, but people just don't want to hear that, they don't want to think rationally and they don't even realize how much thier responses sound like those of terrorists.

The Afghanistans did not choose thier government and thier government was taken over by force by the Taliban ( I am not sure how to spell it) and now these people live horrible, horrible lives, and even though this terrible thing happened, I am still sitting here at my computer enjoying freedom, something they don't have.

And this attacking religion is ridiculous! Terrorist are evil people that happen to believe a certain thing, and it is them, not the religion that chooses to do these things. I myself am not religious but there are extreme people in each category, religious or not, and it's the people that make the difference.

I am in no way trying to make the situation less severe, or saying that we shouldn't "hunt down and punish" these people, but we need to be rational about this situation so that we may experience the best possible outcome. And hopefully this means saving as many innocent people as possible, whatever country they are from.

I really hope that all middle-eastern americans not involved are able to make it through this without being hurt by some very angy and extreme people out there. Hopefully our anger is put somewhere else and not on them.

When I see those people looking for thier loved ones who are missing, it really hits me hard. There are only a few people in my life that really matter to me and I would be crushed had they been in that building, so I hope that these people can make it through this and they have all my support.

I know we are angry, but let's be careful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:35 pm    Post subject: Very'eavy Reply with quote

Well said Subtraction! I agree with your "let's not be to quick to place blame attitude". I think our government knows this too. We just can't attack every towel head country immediatley until we know 4 sure who is responsible.( at this point it looks like Afganistan is in 4 an ass kickin') But it's important to understand anger makes people say and do stupid things and while we all want retribution 4 these acts, we don't need to be damaging the environment with nuclear weapons like so many people (myself included in my 1st post after this tragedy) are suggesting. We have plenty of other weapons of mass destruction to unleash upon our enemies. As far as racial slurs or religous persicution, pick a side ,it's why we're here. The battle between good & evil.Stand in the middle and get trampled under foot.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:36 pm    Post subject: Very'eavy Reply with quote

I wish we could call all the reasonable people back from there to here. This board is ok again and that board has gotten annoying.
Butchman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 3:52 am    Post subject: Very'eavy Reply with quote

What is "that baord"?
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:13 pm    Post subject: Very'eavy Reply with quote

metalflakes, where everyone went after MarillionFan and Martinpopoffsucks came here. For a while, during intollerable trash talking times, metalflakes may have been more appealing, but unlike the others, Zej and I didn't stop posting here, and now that it is ok here again it might be nice if those people came back here, especially since certain people on metalflakes have gone haywire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: