HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:09 pm    Post subject: Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies? Reply with quote

I heard Colin Powel say the Armed Forces will use EVERY weapon in their arsenal.Does this include nuclear weapons? I thought all in NATO have agreed not to use nukes. Is this false? Upon further thought in this matter I think we should nuke these bastards!We nuked Japan and they've been in military submission ever since . It's going to take that kind of force to show anyone else thinking of an attack that we harness the power to destroy whole continents and will use it to defend our nation.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:22 am    Post subject: Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies? Reply with quote

Nobody's nuking anybody. It'd be political suicide for Bush, not to mention fairly insane anyway.

Anyone else notice that Bush is using the EXACT SAME fake-looking frown Clinton kept using every time he had an "I'm talking about something very grave" moment?
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 2:03 am    Post subject: Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies? Reply with quote

I am the exact opposite. Let's get the CIA in there very quietly, and take out Bin Lauden(if he is indeed behind this) and then take out anyone else they can. An entire country is not to blame for this. But a group is.
Desslar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 2:59 am    Post subject: Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by live4metal:
[b]I heard Colin Powel say the Armed Forces will use EVERY weapon in their arsenal.Does this include nuclear weapons? I thought all in NATO have agreed not to use nukes. Is this false? Upon further thought in this matter I think we should nuke these bastards!We nuked Japan and they've been in military submission ever since . It's going to take that kind of force to show anyone else thinking of an attack that we harness the power to destroy whole continents and will use it to defend our nation.[/b]

Dude, have you ever seen the photos of the aftermath of the A-bomb? Positively inhuman stuff. The most important lesson we learned from its use is that we must never use it again. Bullets will do our terrorists friends just fine.
live4metal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:29 pm    Post subject: Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies? Reply with quote

Of course I've seen the aftermath of the a-bomb . everyone still does'nt get it! This is WAR !! You say the a-bomb is totally inhumane,dude they're cleaning up body parts in New York!!!! Burn victims writhe in pain in hospitals!!! It's time to make a statement. If these bastards had thh bomb you can bet they would have sent that instead! They still might. Are you that passive to the point you would sacrifice yourself rather than inflict death on another? You're a better man than me.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:13 pm    Post subject: Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by live4metal:
[b]Of course I've seen the aftermath of the a-bomb . everyone still does'nt get it! This is WAR !! You say the a-bomb is totally inhumane,dude they're cleaning up body parts in New York!!!! Burn victims writhe in pain in hospitals!!! It's time to make a statement. If these bastards had thh bomb you can bet they would have sent that instead! They still might. Are you that passive to the point you would sacrifice yourself rather than inflict death on another? You're a better man than me.[/b]

It's not a matter of passivity. The only things a nuclear strike would do that a conventional strike wouldn't is make the land unliveable, kill a hell of a lot more innocent people than were killed in New York, and guarantee Bush goes out a one-term lame duck like his old man. And put a number of the US's allies on the fence, and put the on-the-fence nations on the other side.

It's just not a good idea.
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:19 pm    Post subject: Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies? Reply with quote

Gads!! Im in agreement with T-Rabbit, AGAIN!!!!

Perhaps all this holocaust talk, that been going around isn't complete bunk, after all... [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

We must NOT take actions, which will indiscriminately kill innocent residents of any other countries. If, people are killed, despite every possible action being taken to avoid it, it is a different story.

there is no tactical or strategic need to use nukes, none.

All the 'kill em all, let God sort 'em out' talk, thats been flying around the 'net, in the last few days, is, immature at best, and purely barbaric.

99.9% of the people, who are supposedly, 'harboring these terrorists', have no more idea, where these criminals are, than we do. They are merely humans, trying to eke out a living, to the best of their abilities, and having a far more difficult time, than any of us. They have no time, for these sort of matters. Should they be killed for this??? Remember, they have much less (if any), say in who their 'leaders' are, of what those leaders do.

The acts committed, against the US, on Tuesday, were, indeed uncivilized, and we must not sink to that level.

-Marty
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:22 pm    Post subject: Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies? Reply with quote

I'm 99% sure that neither the US government nor NATO will employ nuclear weapons, if only for the reason that other Middle Eastern countries with whom we've had conflicts in the past now possess them. Middle Easterners are pretty conscious of the negative attitude the US seems to take towards the region, so if we launched a nuclear strike on Afghanistan, other Middle Eastern countries might attack America with their own nukes to preempt our doing the same to them. A fear-driven response, but a plausible one nonetheless.
detroitbreakdown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 6:10 pm    Post subject: Will nuclear weapons be used against our enemies? Reply with quote

Nukes will not even be considered at all!! It is a mass destruction device, we are not out to destroy any kinda mass be it land,or people. We would have no coalition with us if we even whispered nuke. We all want to kick some ass on them but we have to do this right and for right now we have the power and a whole lot of fairly powerful countrys in our back pockets, all involved in what I call a major f**k up on their part will pay and pay hard!! God Bless America!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: