HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semtex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 6:21 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

mettalicas attempt to make this song better has failed. it soounds f!cking useless and they should be ashamed to realease it but the rest of the album has to be praised as it is all good s!it and i love it. i have been a mettalica fan for years but i can not say anything good about the new version of until it sleeps as they have speeded it up and in doing so lost all of its magic they should have stuck with the old version.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 6:33 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

Ummmm. Dude you mispelled it. METALLICA and yes that version is pretty bad.
MetallicHead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 4:12 pm    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

I've been a MetalliA hardcore fan for over since '87... but, the S&M s#it is the lowest Metallica could get (well, maybe not, maybe their next cd with Dr. Dre as a producer is worst) but, as a hardcore fan it doesn't mean I have to like S&M. I'm disapointed, I didn't want to belive it but it's true, the magic has disapeared. Sorry!
[img]http://www.diveshack.com/images/ghosts/ghosts4/Mvlo7u78.gif[/img]
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 9:33 pm    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

I'm afraid you guys don't know the worst of things; since saw Metallica in their good years no doubt and i, without wanting to do so, have not found out about Metallica until 1996 when they already started to travel down hill(although note i do like load but they started for sure at this point to become incredibly trendy). So count your blessings, and stop complaining about the same old crap.
onewastingyouth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 1999 12:29 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

IMO: Load & Reload suck... From what I've heard the S&M is pretty awful too.
zombie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 1999 8:04 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

Since Fatalcharm started the spelling and grammer thing, there is not a word "worst"
in the english language.

professor Plum
SublimeSerpent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 1999 11:02 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

I have been a Metallica fan since `87 and don't understand why most of the older fans don't appreciate the new stuff!I would take load and reload over the black album and ...and justice for all anyday.Let's face it,the black album was a transition album for them.The seeds were planted with that album,as far as them changing their sound.A nd guess what...The alternative scene didn't even kick in yet.So what was load supposed to sound like,the black album part 2.While I was dissapointed with a lot of the songs like ``Ain't my bith`` and ``Poor Twisted me``,there are classic songs on there like ``Bleeding me``,``The outlaw torn``,and The house jack built`` which gave me that same magical feeling I got from hearing ``Puppets or ``Lightning`` for the first time.Anyway, what more could you ask for...I mean now you have Kirk writing counter rhythms to James's riffs,you have James actually singing,and you can hear the bass.For the people that didn't load,what could possibly be wrong with reload.Gone are the overly bluesy songs,the rhythm guitars are much crunchier ,just a little more mids are scooped out,and there a ton of experimental(almost ethereal) sounds on that album.How can any true metal fan not love ``Carpe diem``,or ``The memory remains``.The point is that good Metallica were at writing the fast stuff,they're even better with the oriented stuff.After seeing the S&M video I was absolutely floored by ``No leaf clover``.That could possibly be the best song they've ever written.That whole outro chorus thing where he sings ``Then it comes to be``til the end of the song sends chills down my spine everytime I hear it.There is no way that there are no vocal overdubs on that song.James just doesn't sound like that live.It makes sense that they would want it to sound perfect because they never release new songs anywhere but on albums with all original material.I don't even think that James would want the pressure of having to nail a song that has never been played live on the first take.Sorry this such a long response,but it just goes to show how much this band means to me.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 1999 11:47 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

You know even Zeppelin changed their sound from album to album.....so that's no problem. The tough part is this symphonic release that should really be a "hey that's cool" collectors album instead of it being treated like a big new Metallica cd release. Unless of course they now want to crossover into classical formatted radio.....
OverMuch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 1999 11:47 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

Uhhhhh......wow.

I have never disagreed with every single point someone has made.

Until now.

EVERY one!

"The House That Jack Built" makes you feel like you're listening to "Puppets?" The album with _Battery_ on it??!!!??!!

Good god, man.

Not to slag your opinion, mind you, you're entitled, and I'm glad you take pleasure in the new stuff. Most of us here curse the day "Load" hit the shelves, tho...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: